Hey tf2 division, how many of you guys play or have Rust?

Grynn

Poster
Joined
Jan 4, 2013
Messages
143
Was wondering if a few guys would want to get together and find a server to play on! I've got enough experience from a low-population server, and I'm ready to join a server with more than 5 people online at a time, but I'd like to bring some trusted people with me. TF2 division is nice and friendly, so I was wondering who here would be interested!
 
I keep hearing positive buzz but I just can't decide between Rust and the Day Z standalone. The negative I've heard about Rust is that basically every time you log off, someone finds your home and ravages it, so you start from square one every single log-on.
 
I want to play either but haven't had the guts to purchase it because I don't want to go solo
 
Well, for those of you deciding whether or not to buy it, I can work with you and help if you're worried about going alone. As for the downside of rust being that someone destroys your house every time you wake up, that only applies if you have bad building style. If you build a good secure building, they can get part way in, and decide the place is a waste of time. Either way, so far on a low-population server it's pretty fun. If I get like a group of 3 or 4 people I'd venture in to a 10-20 person server and once we collect enough resources, we can build a secure enough base pretty fast with collaboration. If you don't get it, we'll still be playing tf2 together sometimes, so I won't miss you <3
 
I bought the game and asked for spork's help after reading this post and I greatly encourage everyone else to give it a shot. It is definitely hard to get going if you're on your own but this game has so much potential if we had a bunch of us cooperating on a server :D
 
I'm not TF2, but I'd definitely play with you guys. There's some DoD guys that play, and in the General Gaming forum there's a thread with the IP address for Tumblin's server. He's in the BF division and a bunch of those guys were playing on there, but it seems to have died down. Anyways, I have over 100 hours in and would be more than happy to team up with some eGO fools and make a go at it on a more crowded server.

20-30 players seems to be a good amount, so I'd look for a server that caps at 50 or so players. I got on a server for a while that had 100+ and it was just insanity. Couldn't walk more than 10 feet without somebody coming after you. With 20-30 people you can find little valleys here and there where nobody bothers you until you have a little house.

Either way, I'd definitely recommend the game to anybody. You can and will get raided, but it's really not that big of a deal. You just rearm when you log back in and return the favor.
 
Back
Top