Who's got the strongest back here?

Danonjj

Poster
Joined
May 20, 2013
Messages
222
Eventually your team of supports and gankers need someone to bring in the win. They tossed and tumbled in other lanes while you freefarmed the jungle in safety.

But who here has been able to lift your team and place them on your back and carry them into the late-game battle against the fattest of fat carries?

Use this thread to place links to a match or two in dotabuff where you carried so hard in the face of your adversaries that even they couldnt believe how you pulled it off.

Please don't post total stomps, and don't be shy to include a couple juicy details or memories about that game.

Here a couple examples of a recent games of mine:

http://dotabuff.com/matches/481488789

take a look at that Radiant team: a Phantom Assassin and a Gyro carry. oh boy. both are 25, both deal CRAZY amounts of burst damage through auto attacks. Dat gyro has a Daedulus. Dat PA has a DIVINE. But the late-game Spectre laughs in the face of your KDA.

Another game: http://dotabuff.com/matches/481425809
So what if the Radiant have Void, one of the hardest carries in the game, 6 slotted lvl25 Luna just scoffs at your casual hyperstone and crystalis.
 
I had just such a game last night!

http://dotabuff.com/matches/481554285

I hopped into an AR game with a couple friends (BLerr and CowJuJu) who both got carries and proceeded to give up a lot of kills in the early game. Playing Ancient Apparition mid I was able to get a quick level 6 (I kept their Templar Assassin way down in the process) and slow down their snowball early on by deploying my ult around the map to squelch post-kill pushes. I also made sure to keep the map warded and attempted to give a modicum of direction to the team.

Regardless, the game was getting a bit out of hand until the first time they tried to break base in mid. It was at this point we managed to get our teamfights right and when you've got AA, Venomancer, and Earthshaker, you can reallllly have some fun. We lost a couple kills here and there afterwards but we managed to keep taking the big teamfights and eventually pushed them for the win.

It was only my second time playing AA but I had watched quite a few people play him well since then and using some of what I saw I was able to have a total blast both literally and figuratively. It's one of my favorite games for me, personally.

Despite my awesome KDA relative to my teammates, I certainly can't say I carried the team all alone though. Without the awesome Echo Slams from Earthshaker and the constant output of magic damage by Veno (amplified by Chilling Touch, of course), it was definitely still a team win. Still, I do think my contributions as support and keeping up good communication kept us in it when one more bad teamfight would have likely doomed us.
 
http://dotabuff.com/matches/485766357

This one is much more along the lines that you outlined in the original post. The enemy team had been split-pushing most of the early-mid game and taking our towers while I farmed as much as I could on Luna. They had a Phantom Lancer practically free-farming most of the game and a Lina who was being very active around the map and picking up kills.

After I got caught out in my own jungle at one point they managed to push down our mid tier 3 tower and take our barracks. Afterwards one member of my team (I'm stacked with ZuLaN and skinner here, btw) declared it was GG to which I immediately replied that was not the case and we quickly proceeded to take a big teamfight as they were trying to push down our top tier 3 and rax. We immediately counter-pushed mid and got a trade on their rax, keeping the game equilibrium roughly even.

I could go on and on about the last 10-15 minutes of this hour-long game but suffice to say that when it came down to it not even PL could save their team from the base and team-wrecking ball that is a stacked Luna.
 
Here is the dota buff: http://dotabuff.com/matches/500052818


Background: I got some really early kills but died 2 times early on Later I started to destroy the other team I got farmed up off of kill sand proceeded to farm until manta and butterfly after getting battle force.

Here is a highlight:
filedetails

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=224425116

Where I killed all 5 of their players.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top