Tip of the Day: Medic

The medic loadout I mostly run is crossbow, medi-gun, amputator. I personally find the amputator my favorite medic melee because of the +3 health regen. A lot of people I have talked to dismiss that but it has saved me more times then I can count. Plus nothing is more entertaining then smacking a heavy in the back of the head with an amputator and killing him.
 
Weird that you say you love the needle gun yet you play competitive o_O That's mainly where I learn the "don't use the needlegun" from. Because every single last person spams in the mic "WHY ARE YOU USING TEHH NEEDLE FGUN JUST FREKUIN RUN"

We weren't talking about comp play.

I meant it is my preference over all the primary weps; not that I am running around a 6v6 shooting syringes at people. lol
 
The medic loadout I mostly run is crossbow, medi-gun, amputator. I personally find the amputator my favorite medic melee because of the +3 health regen. A lot of people I have talked to dismiss that but it has saved me more times then I can count. Plus nothing is more entertaining then smacking a heavy in the back of the head with an amputator and killing him.

lol @ the mental image of the poor heavy

I run stock weps on medic mostly. I use syringe gun and bonesaw 99% of the time and I switch out between uber and kritz. Usually I run ubers on blue and kritz on red but I can switch it up if the map and/or class balance calls for it. I'm just really old-fashioned on medic and haven't played around with the new items as much. I should give them more of a try though.
 
But if we don't run around with our crossbows out, who will destroy the sentries and counter snipe the snipers?
 
Weird that you say you love the needle gun yet you play competitive o_O That's mainly where I learn the "don't use the needlegun" from. Because every single last person spams in the mic "WHY ARE YOU USING TEHH NEEDLE FGUN JUST FREKUIN RUN"

You shouldn't confuse comp with everyday play. In comp you should be trying your best to avoid ever pulling out your "primary." If someone is alive, you're pretty much always better off healing them than trying to make a run for it and fighting back. Since dealing damage and picking up a rare kill don't matter, the tiny chance that at some point you deal some long distance burst healing with the crossbow matters more. That just isn't the case when everyday pubbing where you more frequently need to protect yourself. I think the people who try to suggest the Crossbow is by far the best weapon for Medic, and rely on it's effectiveness in comp, kind of miss the mark. You should be using it in competitive play, but for everyday use, I think the the needle guns absolutely hold their own (and are arguably better choices).

The medic loadout I mostly run is crossbow, medi-gun, amputator. I personally find the amputator my favorite medic melee because of the +3 health regen. A lot of people I have talked to dismiss that but it has saved me more times then I can count. Plus nothing is more entertaining then smacking a heavy in the back of the head with an amputator and killing him.

The problem is that you need to have the Amp out to receive the benefit. It may save your life a few times (especially since it makes afterburn a joke) but the more seconds you have it out, the more seconds you're not giving precious health to your teammates. Back when the Medievil Medic bonus existed (Crossbow + Amp) it was an easy choice since the benefit was passive. Now, man, I think the Amp is a poor choice compared to the Solemn Vow and Vita Saw.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top