Shards Online

Ninja Chicken

Poster
Joined
Feb 28, 2008
Messages
126
Hi Guys,
For the last 6 or so months I've been buried in a new development project which we've finally taken to the public view with our KS launch. It is a sandbox MORPG. We are really excited, and proud not just of the game but also the inherent modding capability we are building in.

(In my opinion it is awesome, but I'm probably pretty biased.) So rather than hype here's what our gameplay looks like so far.


[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2GD1x5LZ0c"](Pre-Alpha gameplay footage) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2GD1x5LZ0c[/ame]


http://shardsonline.com


Thanks for checking it out.
-Chicken
 
if you guys like, I can talk to you as a game desginer my self and explane some good and bad so far i see
 
I could see this being a game I could get into. I'll be waiting for the release ^_^
 
Yesterday was hilarious and there was complete and utter chaos.

At the end of the day we had random knockback, giant deer, fire breathing bears, rabbit chucking hippies, gore explosions, and lightning storms. All in a dynamically shifting ruleset.

Not bad for a days work.
 
How are you going to work the game as far as playing? is it pay per month, one time payment or F2P
 
There are a few things going. The game itself is a one time payment. That basically gets you the client/server and all updates that go out. This will allow you to play on player run servers/shards and clusters. The only main official servers run by citadel (including ongoing content and live events) will be on a small subscription basis.

That subscription is there to cover maintenance and development costs. we aren't trying to create a profit machine, and we want to continue to build the game world for years to come.
 
We are having a battle of the backers coming up. Where a number of backers will be randomly chosen to participate in a free for all-, last man standing battle in a crazy rule set mod.
 
BotB was awesome. We had a tonne of backers show up, and much chaos ensued.

twitch.tv/shardsonline
Then we threw a bit of Madness Mod up and increased it exponentially.
 
We are having an open event this weekend so anyone curios and up for a bit of fun. All the information will be in the Thursday(Jun 5) press release.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top