TeamSpeak 3 Issues

ZinDuo

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jul 7, 2013
Messages
2,049
I haven't seen any threads on this recently, so I'll go ahead and be the first: Is anybody else experiencing Teamspeak issues? As soon as I connect to our server, it stops responding. It started occurring today at around 1:00AM EST, and I haven't really had the chance to ask anybody else if they have this problem because my main way of communication has been Teamspeak. I did have the chance to ask Azura, and he said the same issue was occurring on his end too. From this I'm assuming that it is a server-wide issue, and was just wondering what's happening and when it's expected to be fixed?


EDIT: Nevermind. After a while it started responding again. But does anyone know what is causing this issue?
 
Last edited:
Hi ZinDuo!

This is a known issue and it happened to a big batch of us last night, too. I am not sure if there are any publicly accessible threads about the issue so I'll tell you how I fixed it. Feel free to share with others experiencing this problem.

This happened due to a crash exploit that Teamspeak needs to update for. For now, you can fix it by disabling chat history.

Go to Teamspeak Settings> Chat and unchecking the following boxes:

Log channel chats
Log server chats
Reload channel chat logs
 
There is an exploit currently circulating the internet that allows "wannabe hax0rs" and trolls to freeze up your client. I'm not sure if this was the cause of whatever incident you two are talking about but if you want to protect yourself from the exploit I am talking about then visit the link below and install the plugin there. It is 100% safe to run.

http://screech.me/ts3/plugins/antifreeze.html
 
There is an exploit currently circulating the internet that allows "wannabe hax0rs" and trolls to freeze up your client. I'm not sure if this was the cause of whatever incident you two are talking about but if you want to protect yourself from the exploit I am talking about then visit the link below and install the plugin there. It is 100% safe to run.

http://screech.me/ts3/plugins/antifreeze.html

Thanks Johnny!
 
There is an exploit currently circulating the internet that allows "wannabe hax0rs" and trolls to freeze up your client.

Are you saying my computer has a virus on it? Because I am very cautious - my Dad is a software engineer plus I'm not one of those people who go clicking crap and downloading crap willy nilly.
 
Are you saying my computer has a virus on it? Because I am very cautious - my Dad is a software engineer plus I'm not one of those people who go clicking crap and downloading crap willy nilly.

Nope. What he means is that a spammer came into our TS and spammed it, causing the crash. These spammers are exploiting a vulnerability in the TS client that should be patched with the next TS update that is released. Nothing more we can do from our end but you can protect yourself with that antifreeze fix Johnny posted.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top