- Joined
- Jul 5, 2011
- Messages
- 1,316
My mom just last night remembered to tell me my old high school (1998-2002) was having an open house today from 1-4pm PST for old alumni who wanted to take a last trip down memory lane before it's demolished to make way for the rest of the updated new high school buildings replacing it for reasons LIKE THIS...
Anyway, I went there and wandered around a bit, and the odd thing is the sights didn't do too much to remind me of things (some did, but not many), it was the smells of the buildings. Places like the Pit (an auxiliary gym I remember distinctly as being used during football's 'intensified conditioning' before the season started), the old Performing Arts Center lobby where I'd weekly buy some candy from the DECA store to award whoever got the correct answer for a joke or whatever I'd put on the orchestra white board...
I mean I knew it'd have to be demolished eventually since the buildings are from 19-freaking-03, but I don't think it ever actually hit me just how much I'm going to miss it until I was walking the halls again.
Wiki page with notable alumni, includes a Reebok sponsored runner from my class and a few other professional athletes and politicians
Anyway, I went there and wandered around a bit, and the odd thing is the sights didn't do too much to remind me of things (some did, but not many), it was the smells of the buildings. Places like the Pit (an auxiliary gym I remember distinctly as being used during football's 'intensified conditioning' before the season started), the old Performing Arts Center lobby where I'd weekly buy some candy from the DECA store to award whoever got the correct answer for a joke or whatever I'd put on the orchestra white board...
I mean I knew it'd have to be demolished eventually since the buildings are from 19-freaking-03, but I don't think it ever actually hit me just how much I'm going to miss it until I was walking the halls again.
Wiki page with notable alumni, includes a Reebok sponsored runner from my class and a few other professional athletes and politicians


