I'm getting tired of our maps

Right now, I say lets make it through the summer with 2Fort, Hightower, Dustbowl, Harvest, Foundry, Egypt, Upwater.

Try the best to make sure we are keeping them alive. Sadly we know one has to go but this doesn't mean we wont be looking at other options. I don't think Egypt is in immediate danger but Foundry has started to die off and upwater has its days.

It would be cool to see something like a valve maps comeback but maybe not all of the maps just maybe 5? of the most popular one and have them rotate. The mechanics of how often...time limits etc can be discussed if the idea picks up.
 
Every time I play, it's always 2fort, dustbowl, badwater, upward, hightower, harvest, or egypt. It's just... it's getting kinda stale. There are probably over a hundred other maps out there that I never play because we don't have them on our servers.
I'm torn between my love of the community on our home servers and my growing boredom with our server maps.
Is there anything I can do to reignite my interest in our 24/7 maps? Or is there a way we can have more varied maps? I was really disappointed when we lost Valve Maps. Like, maybe we could have the event server open with a custom map rotation when it's not used for events or training?
In particular I'd really love to play some Warpath, Kong King, Sawmill, Nucleus, Turbine, Well, Convoy, Doublecross, Mach4, Standin, Gorge, Freight, Ravine, Fastlane, Coldfront, Granary...


If you think it is getting stale you know you don't HAVE to play on edge servers but it would be cool to have servers that are populated and on good maps


Edit: also it would be nice to make 24/7 servers more rotations haven't been working out just like payload and valve maps then you get rid of it and make it ANOTHER rotation server that just dies
 
Last edited:
I do miss valve maps, but the problem I had with it was that it seemed to always be playing the maps we already had 24/7 servers for - I'd vote for the other maps and 2fort, dustbowl, and others would always win.

I would like to experiment with a different type of server: 24 hour rotation. 7 different custom maps, one each day of the week. Warpath on Monday, Convoy on Tuesday, Black Mesa on Sunday, etc. I guess I'll just throw that suggestion out there and see what it gets.

As for playing other games, I play tons of other games.
 
I think that having a daily rotation would require poor sephiroth to change the server daily. Server Monkeys may just riot and go on strike :3
 
I do miss valve maps, but the problem I had with it was that it seemed to always be playing the maps we already had 24/7 servers for - I'd vote for the other maps and 2fort, dustbowl, and others would always win.

I would like to experiment with a different type of server: 24 hour rotation. 7 different custom maps, one each day of the week. Warpath on Monday, Convoy on Tuesday, Black Mesa on Sunday, etc. I guess I'll just throw that suggestion out there and see what it gets.

As for playing other games, I play tons of other games.


You probably didn't play on Valve Maps for a long time then. We removed the 24/7 maps from VM months ago.
 
People often don't appreciate maps until they've been taken away. Might be an idea to bring back retired server themes but have them on a rotation within a single server? Maybe a month-to-month basis? For example, Black Mesa one month, Valve Maps the next, etc.

Switching things up can work wonders.
 
Last edited:
I'm not hating our current selection, but I would like to see some different things. I would love to see a Turbine server. One of my favorite maps.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top