Dustbowl Server WHAT?

I would want to see that. Can it even be done?
It's actually pretty easy to bait out rockets without getting hit.

Provided you're not being shot at by someone else. That makes it hard.
 
Dustbowl can be my favorite/most hated map, depending on the team.

As the attackers, I never lose hope. The number of times we have just one person left after a blood bath that has been able to make it to the last point and cap is few, but always glorious, especially if it is me :)

But on defense, the long times (defending the last point on the last map, the one with the rocket over it) with 17+ minutes can wear on you. The engies need to keep the defenses up, and if the attackers are good at taking your sentries out, it can get monotonous. And if you push too hard on a team, they can back cap you easily.
 
In my experience, Dustbowl is especially reliant upon a well-balanced team. Every class in TF2 has its counter. Its largely a matter of identifying the other team's weaknesses and exploiting them.

RED has 5 sentries out of the gate? Get a couple spies and a ubers. They will have too many engies, which means too little support to stop a solid push with ubers/saps. It may take a few tries, but once you break through the sentries you can roll them. Once you roll the first point, it can be difficult for RED to set up again on second point before your team comes barreling through to roll second.

Almost every time I die, I check the class selection to make sure we aren't unbalanced as a team. I try to switch to the classes that we need, and avoid stacking anymore than 2 of any class.

It is good to have sentries, but if you don't have solid classes to help protect the engie, the other team can flank and conquer pretty easily. Medic is a necessity on both teams -- I will almost always fill that if there isn't one already. Other than that, I just try to counter their strongest players with my class selection. IslaDePaz is mopping us up with pyro? Go Heavy. Quicklightning is holding us back with mini-sentries? Go Demo/Soldier. Mochi is decapitating the whole team with his headshots? Go Spy.

One of my favorite things about TF2 is how well balanced everything is. There is ALWAYS a counter. It is just a matter of being proficient in all the classes so you can fill the necessary role. I still need a lot of practice as Sniper and Scout, and I am slowly getting better at Spy. I am at least decent with everything else. This allows me to fill my team's weaknesses and counteract the other team.

Anyway, I'm not sure y'all wanted a serious answer, but there it is. I love Dustbowl, and I love the strategic elements of TF2. :D
 
Last edited:
Build uber, push it with pyro or heavy. Solved.

I was in a game similar to this. An no. It's not that simple. Especially when they have pyros as well. With the knockback of the sentries you just get pushed into a wall and can't do anything. We even launched 3 simultanious ubers and all 3 were stuffed by 2 sentries a wrangled sentry, 2 pyros and everyone else fire at you. None of us could move, whenever the medics would try to soak up sentry knockback then the pyro would push you back. Whenever you damaged one sentry, one of the other engies would rescue ranger heal it. We couldn't sticky trap it or do anything because they had two short circuit engies. Snipers couldn't get picks because the sentries could just fire through that little slit and kill them before they can get a shot off.

TL;DR valve needs to make that front area of dustbowl stage 3 bigger so sentries can't shoot someone all the way back to the wall.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top