Cheap, Low PC Requirement Fun Games?

Aniston

Thread Junky
Joined
Sep 6, 2014
Messages
836
Well, today or tomorrow or so I'll be going to Walmart and buying two $20 dollar Steam Cards and I will be looking for some more games to play. I want fun and entertaining games that my PC can run. I have a very bad laptop, it has an i3 processor, and that's all my puny brain can understand.

If I cannot find anything, I will most likely just buy some Keys for TF2 and level up my Steam to Steam Level 30.
 
Minecraft, Terraria, Age of Empires II HD Edition, Game Dev Tycoon, Binding of Isaac, FTL: Faster than Light. Without more info on what you have in that laptop, I'm trying to give very basic or low-res games that are still pretty fun due to their gameplay.
 
Jagged Alliance 1 & 2, Fallout 1 & 2, Diablo 1 & 2, Deus Ex, DooM and Quake series, Roller Coaster Tycoon, UFO: Enemy Unknown (a.k.a X-com: UFO Defense), Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 (not the enhanced editions) and Wasteland: The Original Classic (if you can handle 25+ year old games xD)
 
I'm digging the recommendations. I'll think about them. I might do some Steam Store searching to see what's up. Thanks so far!
 
All-in-all, It depends on what you are into, but looking at your posts it seems you're into just about anything -

- You mentioned TF2, so I'm assuming you're into FPS games.

- You mentioned you liked the suggestions, and from what I've seen most of which are either RTS or FPS.
--

As far as RTS games I'd recommend go:
Personally, I was really into the classic Blizzard games, particularly Warcraft 3, while growing up. I still am, although I don't play them as much now with all the new games and things which life brings.

The Age of Empires series (except perhaps the more recent one, AoE3) were also fun. Was hooked on the campaigns and would always end up playing them over and over again.

The Command & Conquer series were exceptionally fun, as I grew up on the older ones and played with my cousins quite often too.

If you're into turn-based games, you could give Civilization a try as well. I've played and liked Civ-3 and 4, although haven't tried any of the others.
---


As far as FPS games I'd recommend go:

Any Valve game might work depending on your video card and memory (I noticed you have the multi-player ones, so they should work if you're able to play those)

There's some others (including some Third-person games), but they *might* need a better processor or other specs, such as-

Splinter Cell
Assassin's Creed
Elder Scrolls (I've played Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim - all 3 of which I liked)
Unreal Tournament
--

Hope this helps. Sorry for the long post, though. :P
 
Gunpoint is a noir-themed 8-bit singleplayer indie game that I personally believe should be in everyone's libraries. It's basically about a freelance spy with special pants that allow him to jump really high through buildings and windows to hack computers and infiltrate secret headquarters. It has a diverse plot and an absolutely AMAZING soundtrack (especially if you're into jazz). In addition, there's a level editor, Steam Workshop compatibility, Steam trading cards, and a free TF2 hat that you get for buying the game.
 
Splinter Cell
Assassin's Creed
Elder Scrolls (I've played Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim - all 3 of which I liked)

Laptop with an i3? It's unlikely that he has a dedicated or powerful enough GPU. None of those games will run with any appreciable FPS.

@Genesis

To find your PC specs better, go to your Start Menu. In the search bar, type in dxdiag and then run. Whatever prompt pops up, click Yes or No (doesn't matter)

It'll show you your CPU, Mobo, and RAM. Under the Display, it'll show you what's your GPU (if a dedicated card or driven by the CPU).

You can post that info to us and that'll help us tell exactly what kind of laptop you're gaming on and how powerful it is and what games we can recommend if so.
 
Laptop with an i3? It's unlikely that he has a dedicated or powerful enough GPU. None of those games will run with any appreciable FPS.

hence why I mentioned this - "but they *might* need a better processor or other specs"

Morrowind should work, though, since it's one of the older ones.
 
Meh. I'm broke for now. I'll probably get another Steam Card on Wed. or this Weekend.
 
Morrowind might work, and that was by far the best Elders' Scrolls by a long shot. You should try that one out.
 
Back
Top