- Joined
- Oct 2, 2008
- Messages
- 4,354
Hello Ladies and Mentlegen,
The leadership team would like to take this time before we close out 2014 to tell you that we appreciate each and every one of you and also to remind you of some things you can do to help us and to help your division.
We're not asking each person to do everything. Instead, we invite you to find one or two things that interest you or that are feasible in your regular week and jump in where you can. If everyone did this, all the bases would be covered and we would not be lacking anywhere.
Let's put the TEAM in Team Fortress 2!
Here are some things you can do:
- Help fill servers. You can even idle to help. The FFTF also has a very generous contest going this month for those who fill. Even if it's an unofficial fill, just hopping in a server and inviting a couple of friends to help get it started keeps our ranks up.
- Consider joining a specialty team. Any rank can join the competitive team or the FFTF. We are often looking for admins to be Event Coordinators, Recruiting Hosts or Admin Trainers.
- Come into TeamSpeak. I'd really, really like to see more people in TS. I've spoken to some people who expressed reasons why they have avoided TS. I understand. It happened to me, too. I would like to personally invite you to come back and give it a try again. Hang out with us. I'll try to be on as much as I can now through the New Year and the holiday season will probably make many of us more available.
- Post in the forums. Don't be shy in the forums. This is a great way to get to know one another. I often learn people better from the forums and I can associate their name, avatar and other details from those posts.
- Be friendly in the servers. This one's as simple as they come. While you're already playing on our servers and having fun, be friendly. Say hi to your fellow members or pubs. Show everyone that eGO TF2 is a fun place to be.
- Greet new members. When you see someone new (or an older member returning to be more active), be sure to say hi on the forums, TS or on the servers. Be friendly and even offer to help them if needed. eGO can be a large and intimidating place to new members sometimes. A friendly greeting or just someone taking the time to notice you goes a long way.
- Keep your feelings in check. Sometimes we rage at the game, sometimes we take things other people say personally, sometimes we get upset at a decision leadership or someone else has made. It happens. I don't fault anyone for it. I do invite you to take a moment to walk away and breathe when you're feeling upset. Talk to a leadership member or a friend if you need to. But let's not allow momentary feelings to ruin the good community experience we have here. Remember to be respectful and mature.
Each and every one of you is just as important as the next. Every member is valuable and as leadership, we do not take you for granted. Maybe we don't say it enough but without the members, we wouldn't have a division. Thank you all for being here and I hope to see you all through the New Year and into 2015!
~ IP on behalf of TF2 Leadership
The leadership team would like to take this time before we close out 2014 to tell you that we appreciate each and every one of you and also to remind you of some things you can do to help us and to help your division.
We're not asking each person to do everything. Instead, we invite you to find one or two things that interest you or that are feasible in your regular week and jump in where you can. If everyone did this, all the bases would be covered and we would not be lacking anywhere.
Let's put the TEAM in Team Fortress 2!
Here are some things you can do:
- Help fill servers. You can even idle to help. The FFTF also has a very generous contest going this month for those who fill. Even if it's an unofficial fill, just hopping in a server and inviting a couple of friends to help get it started keeps our ranks up.
- Consider joining a specialty team. Any rank can join the competitive team or the FFTF. We are often looking for admins to be Event Coordinators, Recruiting Hosts or Admin Trainers.
- Come into TeamSpeak. I'd really, really like to see more people in TS. I've spoken to some people who expressed reasons why they have avoided TS. I understand. It happened to me, too. I would like to personally invite you to come back and give it a try again. Hang out with us. I'll try to be on as much as I can now through the New Year and the holiday season will probably make many of us more available.
- Post in the forums. Don't be shy in the forums. This is a great way to get to know one another. I often learn people better from the forums and I can associate their name, avatar and other details from those posts.
- Be friendly in the servers. This one's as simple as they come. While you're already playing on our servers and having fun, be friendly. Say hi to your fellow members or pubs. Show everyone that eGO TF2 is a fun place to be.
- Greet new members. When you see someone new (or an older member returning to be more active), be sure to say hi on the forums, TS or on the servers. Be friendly and even offer to help them if needed. eGO can be a large and intimidating place to new members sometimes. A friendly greeting or just someone taking the time to notice you goes a long way.
- Keep your feelings in check. Sometimes we rage at the game, sometimes we take things other people say personally, sometimes we get upset at a decision leadership or someone else has made. It happens. I don't fault anyone for it. I do invite you to take a moment to walk away and breathe when you're feeling upset. Talk to a leadership member or a friend if you need to. But let's not allow momentary feelings to ruin the good community experience we have here. Remember to be respectful and mature.
Each and every one of you is just as important as the next. Every member is valuable and as leadership, we do not take you for granted. Maybe we don't say it enough but without the members, we wouldn't have a division. Thank you all for being here and I hope to see you all through the New Year and into 2015!
~ IP on behalf of TF2 Leadership
Last edited:















