How do you drop out of EGO?

Wacko9999

I made one post
Joined
Aug 15, 2014
Messages
19
Hey folks,

How in the heck do you drop out of EGO? I have been a member for about a year, but since I don't get into TeamSpeak I can't get promoted because I am deaf so therefore, I can't get into TeamSpeak and will never be promoted. They apparently don't recognize disabilities on this clan, so I don't have any reason to continue to be any part of it.:chair:
 
Getting on TS is not required to get promoted. You can post on the forums and join the chat in game. Getting promoted is more about being in game and being recognized by your presence, as you say, you can not join in on TS but you can post in the forums and be a presence in that manner. If you truly wish to retire from eGO you may post in the Drop Box making your request. It is eGO's policy that no account is deleted, however your can be marked as inactive. Sorry your experience here at eGO has not been better for you.
 
Actually, my experience here has been very good, but I have been told by many members that the ONLY way to get promoted is to get onto TS. Even you know that I play here a lot as I have played sever hundred rounds with you.
 
TeamSpeak is a good way to get yourself noticed, but it isn't the only way.

Playing on our servers, like jtipton said, going to events, posting on the forums, helping fill servers that are low in number or empty, or even submitting ban requests on people that are causing problems can also get you noticed/recognized.
 
Actually, my experience here has been very good, but I have been told by many members that the ONLY way to get promoted is to get onto TS. Even you know that I play here a lot as I have played sever hundred rounds with you.

Heard that quite a lot too.
But I'd still recommand you to maybe contact an Admin on that matter to enlighten you on your concerns.

Cheers.
 
Last edited:
I wasn't going to post this, since alex (one of your Divisional Advisors) is handling it. But I've heard this same complaint many times.

I have been told by many members that the ONLY way to get promoted is to get onto TS.

That's an extremely common misconception.

However.. I will say that is some grounds for that belief. The whole "squeaky wheel gets the oil" thing...

however.. I'm proof that there are other venues.

There are three ways to get noticed: In-game, in-ts, and in-forums.

Being active in-game is required. But you only have to be one of the other two. Sure, being active in all three is best. And faster. But not required.

See, I don't really get on Team Speak that much either. And when I DO get on TS, I'm usually in a room off by myself.

I don't like the mindless chatter that goes on while I'm trying to play. It's way to distracting.

(hehe.. I just called some of y'all mindless!!!)

But.. I'm VERY active in game and VERY active here in the forums.

By contrast, you have been here 8 months. Including your application AND this thread, you have a total of 9 post so far.

Take out your application thread and this thread.. and you have three post in 8 months.

3 post in 8 months....

Soo.. start coming here on the forums more. Not mindless empty chatter post either. Take part in discussions on Battlefield (your division). Let your Divisional Leadership know your not "just some guy on the servers", but your an active member of EdgeGamers.

That's all it takes. So don't give up.

------

However.. I am curious about something. Two different threads you make comments about being in TS, including the below thread you started on 1-04-2015.

Have you considered setting up separate TS channels for the various BF4 servers? Tonight I was in TS3 and there were about 20 people all playing Shanghai, but there were a couple of us playing Lockers and we couldn't communicate.

So, I'm a bit confused.

.
 
You just leave if you want. It's not like they own you. You could leave a post saying "I'm leaving" if you feel that's needed.

part true, part not..

Yes, eGO doesn't own you or anyone in the clan, but to officially leave eGO and not have the tag, you'd need to contact a leadership member via post in the Dropbox or contact them directly and they can remove the tag.
 
When I joined I never, ever used any form of voice communication as I didn't have a microphone. People knew me as the guy who only used text. Even after 4 years of being here the first time people heard me speak was when I got a microphone and went into ventrilo.

I was promoted within a month of joining and that's because I played the game a lot and used the forums. So far you've only posted 9 times here and only two of those have not been for you applying or this post.

If you really do want to be noticed then start using the forums more and interact with people. You do not need to use your voice to get noticed.

Stick with it and try to be more active, I'm sure you'll enjoy it a lot more as well :)
 
I would have to agree with DragonD and Darth, promotion is something that happens even for those that can't get into TS.
 
Last edited:
I'm not a regular TS user, but I play with others ingame and talk to people in the forums. That's another way to become active.

PS. I'm one of those people that use the chatbox often because the mic sucks and people may think you're talking to yourself in real life. My dad caught me talking with my mic and thought that I was crazy.
 
There are some people on here that go on TS3 and they just communicate via the text box. A few of them my friends. We just type to each other back and forth.

Never feel like its required to be on ts3 there are other ways to show you are active... help us fill, play on the servers..if you have talents like art or writting join the media team. I hope you reconsider, feel free to be yourself!

ps. that guy Darth...tales are told of him and the shoutbox! Its Darthbox!
 
It's not required to be active in the forums or TS to get promoted. I speak from experience, as I've barely even visited TS and barely even post in the forums (I do read it daily though). Just be a good admin. That's it.
 
Actually, my experience here has been very good, but I have been told by many members that the ONLY way to get promoted is to get onto TS. Even you know that I play here a lot as I have played sever hundred rounds with you.

Hi there sir,
Who ever told you that is wrong .
Teamspeak is away for people to chat and to have a laugh but you dont have to have it but you can type in Teamspeak what is very recommended .
If you get seen alot by helping out and recruiting people to join that can help you to get promoted also getting known on the fourms

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannh?user Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die

sent from tapatalk
 
Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Wacko! You've been promoted, and rightly so. I hope you continue to enjoy your time with us!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top