Broken Headsets :(

RipplyTiger151

Not a Cop
=(eGO)=
Joined
Sep 6, 2014
Messages
7,052
Soooo.... I'm sure everyone can relate to this whether it be a keyboard or chair, but mainly headsets.

So, what do you use on broken Headsets? TAPE Whether it be duck tape, electrical tape, and scotch tape, I have used it all (on only two headsets).

Why does the tape need to be used? This > :facewall: :facewall:

I have broken my headsets by either throwing them or sitting on them accidentally. What about you guys?

An example from the interwebs:

henselducttape.jpg
 
I used superglue, but didn't help much. Tried tape, but it felt uncomfortable.
I ended up just buying a new headset.
 
Oddly enough, I've had the same headset for about 5 years now and it looks brand new.
 
I've only been able to use the apple earbuds, because actual headsets are too expensive for me!
 
I've never broken a headset, but if mine ever breaks I'd buy a new one. It's easier.
 
Accidentally knocking the headset off the desk and hearing it crack when it hits the floor physically hurts me inside. So far, I've only broken two cheap headsets that were broken beyond repair and kept my current good one for about a year.
 
My headset broke, because it was late at night, and I was about to go to bed, room was pitch black and I was going to put my black laptop on my black nightstand in my dark dark room. I missed the night stand, it fell off. Result was the mic plug was destroyed, and when I plug it in (It lights up) it overheats! The lights overheat the headset! :(
 
umm i had to tape up my corsair vengeance H2100s with packing tape. it did the job. I then ordered my new Krakens to replace them. I can be seen playing with broken gear :3

How i broke them? my mom wanted to go out shopping and I was taking them off... umm a bit too fast and i twisted them off (dj style) instead of using both my hands to lift them up..... it was all ogre after that.
 
Last edited:
Electrical tape. If that didn't do the job, I got Duct Tape, a lot of it. If that didn't work, I'd go to amazon or a hardware store and find myself some rolls of 3M 8979N Nuclear Grade Duct Tape. Cause that stuff is the best.
 
My dog got tangled in the cords once, and ripped my headset right off and it broke right in the middle (Plastic headset days) So I cut a piece for flex steel from work, the width of my headset and duck taped it on, and it held up just perfect until i could afford a new head set.. ( this was probably like 7 years ago. haha
 
Electrical tape. If that didn't do the job, I got Duct Tape, a lot of it. If that didn't work, I'd go to amazon or a hardware store and find myself some rolls of 3M 8979N Nuclear Grade Duct Tape. Cause that stuff is the best.

Why not just buy a new one on amazon?
 
Lol thats what i did, then again i dont think everyone has access to an amazon line of credit :p. I guess tape must do for the 99%
 
the last time i my headset broke i just used duct tape to put them back together but since then i haven't broke one in 2 years
 
If I broke my current headset (Astro A40's) I think I'd cry for a little, then try to fix them with packaging tape so it doesn't look too bad since it's clear.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top