Do absolutely nothing for 2 minutes everyday

TheMajeye

Thread Junky
Joined
Oct 29, 2015
Messages
811
I was told that it is highly recommended to do absolutely nothing for 2 minutes each and everyday for peace of mind, and was given this website to track it.

If you feel this might help you as well, feel free to do so.


http://www.donothingfor2minutes.com/
 
Only two minutes? Shoot I do this times 53.43 [repeated] a day. Just kidding but this seems legit.
I'll partake in just sitting still with no electronics or anything a day. Just me and my thoughts.
 
Interesting idea. I take plenty of walks to relax generally for myself.
 
I completely unrelaxed and at a panicked state of mind. This did not help at all. -rep





prank'd
 
It is true. I take like 10 minutes sitting on the couch and trying to relax. Really helps with anxiety or stress.
 
It is true. I take like 10 minutes sitting on the couch and trying to relax. Really helps with anxiety or stress.

So true! With anxiety, especially in public, I just like to take 5 minuets for myself and contemplate.

This is an interesting idea, I think in all honesty I do this subconsciously without even knowing it lol, absent mindedness and all that that! :chair:
 
I made it about 20 seconds before becoming too paranoid that it was a jump scare. 1/10 wouldn't try again.
 
I sit at my computer at work and stare at the screen and do this for many hours a day
 
This is why i have my phone on silent 24/7, no popup alerts or vibrate. I've become less attached to my cell phone, and don't always worry looking at it to see if someone has text me. Only downside is when someone really needs you and you unlock your phone to 30 some text messages LOL
 
This is why i have my phone on silent 24/7, no popup alerts or vibrate. I've become less attached to my cell phone, and don't always worry looking at it to see if someone has text me. Only downside is when someone really needs you and you unlock your phone to 30 some text messages LOL
I so agree....
 
Just two minutes? Interesting I would suggest longer. I have since I was a teenager spent 20-30 minutes in the morning thinking or reading something to improve myself. Then I would again spend 15 minutes at night winding down and write in a journal my thoughts. Very type-B activities I admit.

I would encourage anybody to find a way to have some quiet time each day to do whatever helps revitalize them. Be it meditation, two minutes silence, (dare I say it?) prayer, etc.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top