What brings you to Reddit

The community is very interesting, when only discussing subreddits that are default, like AskReddit, /r/all, /r/IAmA, /r/funny, etc...

The community and atmosphere is a lot different than on other websites.
 
Usually specific games or shows, Guild Wars, EVE, a odd shows
 
Should EGO change to be more like reddit?

Do you think that would help or hurt EGO?
 
Should EGO change to be more like reddit?

Do you think that would help or hurt EGO?

Hurt,

reddit is designed more for a drive-by style of community. Where as our type of forum is more meant to create a community with strong ties.

A reddit-based community could be a dangerous thing
 
Should EGO change to be more like reddit?

Do you think that would help or hurt EGO?


Hurt,

Reddit is a very... specific genre of a website. Its driven off people who spend a majority of their time looking for controversial content. Its a site thats roots are to earn internet points that boosts the OP (original posters) ego. Most of the things that are posted make a majority feel good and a minority look weird (not all the time but most of the time). I think trying to mimic that here would be nice because it would give some initiative to post, but otherwise it would lead to bickering. The reason reddit thrives is because of the insane dedication from the moderators they have. I think if eGO made a subreddit that would be cool but to try and mimic the site would be bad.

Good,

Like I said. I think an eGO subreddit would be kinda cool. It allows eGO to market itself a little more to the general public. If eGO established a incentive for posting quality threads like reddit does, it could create some more activity for the site. An idea could be that if your thread reaches 100 points you earn some sort of in-game reward of your choice such as a low level crate in CS:Go or $$ toward eGO swag. Of course 100 points may be too low but the idea is there. The nice thing about reddit that eGO already has its its caring community. People actually want to talk to each other, people actually care about each other, and people want to interact nicely. Reddit is mostly like that but there are the trolls.

All and all... I think if you pull the things that make reddit addicting for most and try to shy away from what makes reddit controversial it would for sure help the community. Id say make a subreddit and see what happens. You could market it in all the subreddits for each game we host and in r/PCMasterRace. See what happens!:thumbup1:

What brings you to surf reddit?

I usually go there to see funny gifs and videos. A majority of the time i stumble upon an interesting article i never thought to read about. The nice thing too is it gives me early reports of important developing news.
 
Last edited:
I agree with what everyone else has said so far; it will hurt the site.

With how our site is currently set up, it is much personable then reddit. We like having our avatars, and signatures. I feel reddit isn't as inviting as our site. I'm sure a reddit-esk site would be much easier to maintain, but I feel we would be sacraficing to much to switch to it.

Also, how would it look to recruits? I know I'd be put off by a semi-reddit clone if I was asked to join. "Oh, they can't even maintain a decent site. Why should I join?"would be the very first thing I would ask myself.
 
I'm leaving the Hurt/Help thing alone.

Why do I go to reddit? I have it massively customized so I only see very specific topics. It allows me a place to read and write in response to writing prompts, browse random news articles, or just look at cute pictures.
 
What Tanooki and Kortoga is pretty much my answer as well, although I'm also curious as to what you meant, GG, by the posting content.

Do you mean the thread ratings (Like/Dislike, etc), or how they're viewed or..?
 

Latest posts

Back
Top