Burned by false advertising

BrotherJayce

Rookie
Joined
Apr 29, 2016
Messages
48
I definitely have to warn you guys to stay away from the Bengoo and Kotion Each brands of gaming headsets. As my Zalman headset went out, I decided to try a different brand that was under $40, with a microphone as well. Aesthetics were just a bonus - but after having received this headset - I was furious that there is only ONE plug and a USB Connector. All the USB connector does is light up the LEDs. This means that you CANNOT use the headset and the microphone at the same time. You have to buy a splitter to be able to use both. Not to mention there is blatant abuse of the Amazon review system, as most of the 42 reviews are customers that have received it discounted or free - and sing its praises! But fail to mention the fact that both the Mic and Headset do not function at the same time. I couldn't even contact the actual company because they are Chinese, and thus had to get a refund from Amazon. The only "good" thing about this headset is the deep sounds and great bass.
Here is the link to my review: [ame="https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R1DITAMPFIV2G1/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B01H6GUCCQ"]Amazon.com: BrotherJayce's review of Bengoo Gaming Headset For PS4 Professional...[/ame]

Seeing as how my response to their email will probably be deleted - here is the copy and pasted response - I do not mean to be a jerk, but this was a serious case of FUBAR and had to reply. The emboldened sections are their copy and pasted response from an email I received.

Thanks for the email - To reply to this, I will now copy and paste your email to you so that I can respond accordingly for the record.
1. Please kindly note that the gaming headset is designed for PS 4 as
we advertised in the title of the listing, "Bengoo Gaming Headset For
PS4..." and the "Product Description" part of the listing.

(BS ALERT) You answered in your own questions that it is compatible with Computers, Laptops, and Smartphones. Don't tell me now that it's only for PS4 when it says in the description "with Mic Microphone For PS4 Laptop Computer and Smart Phone."
2. As for the plug of the headset, there is need for us to explained
it for you. The microphone and headphone function will work with the
connector being plugged in when use it for playing PS4. That means if
you use the headset for other usages, such as other games or listening
to music. The microphone and headphone can not functions at the same
time.

(BS Alert) Then don't advertise it as a gaming headset. It is NOT by any definition a gaming headset if you cannot use the microphone and listen at the same time; It is not even a headset by definition. This is something called "False advertising". You are hiding from your customers the fact that the headphones and microphones do not work at the same time - I don't see that anywhere in the description and even the reviewers that received this product discounted or free don't mention this. I shouldn't have to unplug my headset just to talk to my friends - mind you, they can't hear me when even when it is plugged in and I had to plug in an old headset at the same time just to see if the microphone worked - which it did not. The fact that you say "There is no need for us to explain the plug to you" is just criminalizing yourselves on the spot; You also advertise in your description "Plug and play, 3.5mm plugs for mic and headset + USB plug for lights , more fully guarantee the stability of the sound." KEYWORD: "Plugs"
I appreciate that you offered a refund or an exchange; However I have contacted Amazon and they have already issued a refund and I am not interested in another headset of yours and will warn my gaming community about this brand in the future.


To follow it up, here is the description of the product:
Product Description
Bengoo 3.5mm Gaming Headset with Microphone LED Light for PS 4 Laptop Tablet All Mobile Phones
Advantage:
This Bengoo G9000 is a primary kind of gaming headset, which brings you vivid sound field, sound clarity, sound shock feeling, capable of various games. Its super soft Over-ear pads is more comfortable for long time wear, and it is a great headphone for game player!
Comfortable feeling
High grade wearable TPE, soft texture, delicate and comfortable touch,it has an elegant appearance
Environmental friendly material
Earmuffs used with the new second-generation skin-friendly material, reduce heat sweat, more suitable for long wear.
Easy install
Plug and play, 3.5mm plugs for mic and headset + USB plug for lights , more fully guarantee the stability of the sound.
Practical Design
Decompressing belt make your headset has a better extensibility
Concise structure, light weight when playing games, high grade material let it keep strongly practicality Soft design tell you how is unbreakable.
What's included:
1 x Bengoo Comfortable LED 3.5mm Stereo Gaming LED Lighting Over-Ear Headphone with Mic Blue
 
Last edited:
The last Zalman I had, the cord went out in a month and the microphone was defective. So unfortunately I did want to move away from Zalman.
 
Hi Brother .
Here in Australia we take defective equipment back to the store we bought them from and they replace them free of charge. Do you have consumer protection laws where you live?



LONDON BLITZ
 
Did you deal directly with the seller or use Amazon for your return? Amazon usually has awesome customer service
 
Yeah, fortunately enough I called Amazon and they gave me a refund - I didn't even need to return the headset and supposedly that company was supposed to get in trouble. We do have consumer protection in America, what they have done classifies under "False Advertising" which is grounds to get you sued. They were advertising the fact that it is compatible for everything but Xbox but hid the fact that the microphone and headphones do not work at the same time. (Baffling, considering my $14 Zalman headset worked just fine.) Under legal definition, it's not even a headset because both have to work at the same time to be considered an actual Headset, thus "false advertising" comes into play. But I have no money and no desire to fight a court case so I just took the money I paid for it back. I'll have to look elsewhere for a headset, and Zalman unfortunately doesn't take my fancy after the cheap cord broke in a month.
 
I've never used a Zalman headset. They are primarily known for cases, cooling and power supplies. So I cannot comment on them.

Did you read our news post today? A big part of it pertains directly to you. It is on the EGO landing page. Click on the EGO banner at the top of the page.

There is a significant treasure trove of headset info that you might use.
 
Last edited:
Okay, now that I am safely in my office...

Here is a link to the news post:

http://www.edge-gamers.com/article/gamestop-expo-2016-recap/

It has 50% to do with headsets.

Maybe you should ask Luke Swear about the $399.99 SENNHEISER Headsets he just won at our LAN contest?

I use HyperX Revolvers. I have a comment on one or two of the features. But not their quality. Their quality is 100%. But I didn't buy them for 14.99.

Bengoo and Kotion are brands I have never heard of. I'm not saying they are or are not established or they are or are not good. I'm saying I never heard of them. Are these the first first headsets you have tried from them?

On my secondary computer I use an inexpensive (not cheapo) $30.00 set of Turtle Beach headsets. They are okay. But they are designed for the PS4 and they have an extra plug. It works fine on my PC but I don't expect them to work like my HyperX Revolvers. If I had a set of Turtle Beach's Ear Force Stealth's, I would expect them to preform in a similar manner as the Revolver.

I treat my inexpensive secondary headsets with a lot more tenderness than my expensive ones. The cord is not the same. The earphones are not the same. I can't see it but I am sure the solder is not the same. Maybe even the components are not the same from my expensive ones and my inexpensive ones.


Also, I think this is more of a TECH forum thread than General Chatter thread. But I'm willing to leave it here for a while because I can sense the frustration in your posts.
 
Last edited:
Okay, now that I am safely in my office...

Here is a link to the news post:

http://www.edge-gamers.com/article/gamestop-expo-2016-recap/

It has 50% to do with headsets.

Maybe you should ask Luke Swear about the $399.99 SENNHEISER Headsets he just won at our LAN contest?

I use HyperX Revolvers. I have a comment on one or two of the features. But not their quality. Their quality is 100%. But I didn't buy them for 14.99.

Bengoo and Kotion are brands I have never heard of. I'm not saying they are or are not established or they are or are not good. I'm saying I never heard of them. Are these the first first headsets you have tried from them?

On my secondary computer I use an inexpensive (not cheapo) $30.00 set of Turtle Beach headsets. They are okay. But they are designed for the PS4 and they have an extra plug. It works fine on my PC but I don't expect them to work like my HyperX Revolvers. If I had a set of Turtle Beach's Ear Force Stealth's, I would expect them to preform in a similar manner as the Revolver.

I treat my inexpensive secondary headsets with a lot more tenderness than my expensive ones. The cord is not the same. The earphones are not the same. I can't see it but I am sure the solder is not the same. Maybe even the components are not the same from my expensive ones and my inexpensive ones.


Also, I think this is more of a TECH forum thread than General Chatter thread. But I'm willing to leave it here for a while because I can sense the frustration in your posts.
Too bad luke sold the headset -_-

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
 
I thought it was going to be defective and literally burn you lol.
But anyway sucks that that happened to you.
 
I use a pair of Sennheiser HD 280 Pros and a Blue Yeti Blackout. Love it.
 
My Turtle Beach just broke, still works, but I had to tape the left ear piece back on when it broke off the over-the-head mount.
Been having these for over 3 years.
Paid about $70 for them at Best Buy.
Probably going to do the same again. I like easy.
 
My Turtle Beach just broke, still works, but I had to tape the left ear piece back on when it broke off the over-the-head mount.
Been having these for over 3 years.
Paid about $70 for them at Best Buy.
Probably going to do the same again. I like easy.
Surprised yours lasted that long. A pair I had lasted a week. replacement pair lasted 2 weeks. Switched to logitech g35s after that which lasted 3 years before breaking down and now have a pair of hyperx cloud IIs
 
Surprised yours lasted that long. A pair I had lasted a week. replacement pair lasted 2 weeks. Switched to logitech g35s after that which lasted 3 years before breaking down and now have a pair of hyperx cloud IIs

My Turtle Beach just broke, still works, but I had to tape the left ear piece back on when it broke off the over-the-head mount.
Been having these for over 3 years.
Paid about $70 for them at Best Buy.
Probably going to do the same again. I like easy.

If you can believe it, the turtle beaches I have (X12 perhaps?) Have been with me for almost 4 years now without any wear or a scratch on them. Maybe I'm not very hard on it
 
If you can believe it, the turtle beaches I have (X12 perhaps?) Have been with me for almost 4 years now without any wear or a scratch on them. Maybe I'm not very hard on it

same set i use , have had them for abut 4 years myself , got my money out of em thats for sure.
 
write this in the reviews

"i hate the ****ing fact we breathe the same air."
 
Audio Technica ATH-AD900X and Blue Yeti setup here. I'll never go back to a "gaming" headset again. And I could sell those Blue Yetis all day long just by talking in TS.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top