Not Planned Overwatch Discord AFK Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buster

Oompa Loompa Build
Joined
Mar 8, 2020
Messages
1,764
It has become obvious that a few people in the overwatch discord have taken it upon themselves to afk in any of the voice channels to artificially boost their activity rank. I feel like this should be limited to a 1-2 hour maximum to make it possible for people who are new/cant afk to be on the top leader boards.

wahtur - the afk master

sasasa.png
sdsd.png


I understand the want for the server to be active but I also think I want to be #1 and I cant do that with these afk noobs.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
It has become obvious that a few people in the overwatch discord have taken it upon themselves to afk in any of the voice channels to artificially boost their activity rank. I feel like this should be limited to a 1-2 hour maximum to make it possible for people who are new/cant afk to be on the top leader boards.

wahtur - the afk master

View attachment 3743View attachment 3744

I understand the want for the server to be active but I also think I want to be #1 and I cant do that with these afk noobs.
Who cares?

They’re not waiting for members to join, they’re AFK to increase their rank.

I’m not in the OW discord but from what I’ve read it just sounds like people are AFK for hours on end. If they actually are at the keyboard and waiting for friends then that makes sense. But 1-2+ hours are definitely excessive.
Who cares?

Serious question: Is this an actual problem in your eyes? That people go AFK? On a chat application? Heavens forbid!
I can't even say the times have changed to excuse this kind of argument...
 
The issue I have, in response to all of these recent comments (sorry mobile), is that the alternative you are asking for is absolutely no AFKing whatsoever.

If I am understanding correctly, you are equivocating the results of AFKing vs. no AFKing. In fact, you are saying it is a bad look for us to AFK.

It’s like saying a restaurant should remove all their employees on quiet hours, effectively closing temporarily OR making sure all those employees stay put since people will still come in for food on off hours, just not as much. What’s worse: the restaurant closing temporarily or the restaurant that stays open?
 
Last edited:
It’s like saying a restaurant should remove all their employees on quiet hours, effectively closing temporarily OR making sure all those employees stay put since people will still come in for food on off hours, just not as much. What’s worse: the restaurant closing temporarily or the restaurant that stays open? It should be pretty obvious.
This comparison is forgiving in the sense that in a restaurant you pay to be seated and enjoy a meal.

In a discord server, or any chat server for that matter, you offer a gathering place for people to converse.

People who are not present should not be moved around so lightly. Especially when they can move anywhere easily.

Having a participant who is not present at all times in the discussion is far superior to not having a participant at all.
 
one thing being 22 taught me is to stop caring about things

this (really) affects no one and you shouldn't change something arbitrarily. this is like a non-issue.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top