GTA V Banking Second issue - GTA V 2.0 - When I try to take money out of the bank it doesn't give me money but it takes it out of the account anyway.

Juritsu

Rookie
=(e)=
Joined
Mar 29, 2021
Messages
38
What application are you reporting this issue on?
GTA V Banking Second issue

What server is this happening on?
GTA V 2.0

Short description of the bug.
When I try to take money out of the bank it doesn't give me money but it takes it out of the account anyway.

Description of the bug.
I try to pull money out of my account and no money comes into the inventory but it drains from my bank account. I've lost 900 so far. Restarted twice. It takes the money out of my inventory if I deposit.

What should be happening instead?
Giving me money that I withdraw.

Describe how to replicate the bug.
Other people don't seem to be having this issue when I ask them.

Extra info?
Happens when overweight.
 
Last edited:
So I think this is strictly a problem of the weight system. Basically that it won't be an issue going live because the weight system wouldn't be getting adjusted. But the basic premise is that anything you do regarding your inventory while you are overweight will cause the item you interacted with to disappear. This will continue to happen until your weight drops below the threshold of max weight because the inventory system is trying to fix itself by deleting those items each time you move them.

We won't run into it in the future because this ONLY happens when an update to the weight system causes the weight to drop below the previous threshold making the items in your inventory persist beyond the capacity of it. I believe the weight system is designed to deny allowing you to add more items than you can carry rather than offer an over-encumbered system.

So moving forward, it might be an idea to announce preceding any updates that have to do with weight threshold to "Lower the weight in your bag because update is gonna shrink it and you will lose items if you are overweight when the update pushes".
 
So moving forward, it might be an idea to announce preceding any updates that have to do with weight threshold to "Lower the weight in your bag because update is gonna shrink it and you will lose items if you are overweight when the update pushes".

You are correct in that modifying the weight system is what causes these issues and it shouldn't be an issue going to live.

However, announcing to people to lower the weight in their bag would only benefit certain people as not everyone would even have the ability to get on before the update gets pushed to live. Sometimes these updates happen relatively quickly and give proper notice via announcement isn't really viable. This is the testing phase, after all. No one should be getting upset about losing items in this phase as it's all getting wiped either way.
 
You are correct in that modifying the weight system is what causes these issues and it shouldn't be an issue going to live.

However, announcing to people to lower the weight in their bag would only benefit certain people as not everyone would even have the ability to get on before the update gets pushed to live. Sometimes these updates happen relatively quickly and give proper notice via announcement isn't really viable. This is the testing phase, after all. No one should be getting upset about losing items in this phase as it's all getting wiped either way.
I was more so inferring that IF there is going to be a change to weight ONCE we are in whitelisted. At the moment, yeah, I'm not too concerned lol
 
I was more so inferring that IF there is going to be a change to weight ONCE we are in whitelisted. At the moment, yeah, I'm not too concerned lol
Ah alright. Well hopefully that won't be needed but I do think there will be a heads up once the new city opens it's gates :)

Don't quote me on that though!
 
As a police officer I cannot hold both police items and medical items. I cannot even just hold a pistol and the medical items. There isn't enough weight for it. I tried to make it so I had 2 of each brace but only had the medkits and the bandages in the end.

A lot of officers are struggling to pull evidence off of suspects because of this issue.
 
Last edited:
As a police officer I cannot hold both police items and medical items. I cannot even just hold a pistol and the medical items. There isn't enough weight for it. I tried to make it so I had 2 of each brace but only had the medkits and the bandages in the end.

A lot of officers are struggling to pull evidence off of suspects because of this issue.
I mean, PERSONALLY, I don't think officers should be treating people on the street. If there is no EMS available, they should use best judgement and carefully get the guy into a car and to the hospital for care. Which would resolve the issue with medical supplies.
 
As a police officer I cannot hold both police items and medical items. I cannot even just hold a pistol and the medical items. There isn't enough weight for it. I tried to make it so I had 2 of each brace but only had the medkits and the bandages in the end.

A lot of officers are struggling to pull evidence off of suspects because of this issue.
Not to come off too blunt here but you're definitely exaggerating.

Firstly, the loadout for police weapons gives you your entire rack which you should not be carrying fully on you. Put the shotgun in your car. Put medical items in the car. Use your vehicle's trunk as it's there for a purpose.

The medical items each weigh 5kg, except regular bandages which weigh 2.5. So, you could have 2 of each brace and 2 medikits at 50kg. Your pistol, taser and flashlight would bring it up to 72kg out of 125kg. (Other things like phone, food, etc all weigh 1kg each. You shouldn't be carrying 10 burgers and 10 bottles of water on you either though)

That still leaves a lot of room for taking items off players. Which, you should be doing at MRPD if you're unable to do it at the scene of the crime. Since, if you're taking the items off a person, chances are they are going to jail for possessing them.

I'm not saying the weight system is currently perfect and it needs to be put to the test like everything else but all players need to use some critical thinking on what they should be carrying on them going forward. You will not be able to carry your whole life on your person. Especially as a cop, it makes no sense to have a shotgun on you at all times. It should be in your car and pulled out of your car when you need to use it.
 
I'm not exaggerating. I'm being honest about what I have in my inventory and what I have tried to do. Besides the trunks of the PD vehicles are bugged right now. No one can pull anything out of them at all. I'm sorry that it seems like I might just be complaining about the new system but I'm just saying it doesn't seem like it fits well with the mixture of what we have to do.

The reason why I do treat people is sometimes there is no ems and the hospital is broken and I am the only person available at the moment to do something about it. So I get them on their way and I wait for the person to come fix the thing instead of making the other person waste their time limping around. I'm just trying to make the issues less annoying for those who are affected by glitches/bugs and take the issue into my own hands while they can go back and play.

As far as taking things off players. When they have a shotgun weighing 25kg, ammo, a pistol 15 kg, ammo for that, a knife, diamonds, gold bars, ect. it kind of gets heavy. So I'm saying when you're already weighed down by a pistol of your own, ammo, a taser, a phone, misc food and water, a flashlight, (if you put your shotgun in the trunk with the ammo then it's not on you knowing you can ACTUALLY pull it out but cannot right now). It just adds up. That's all. 125 isn't that much.
 
I'm not exaggerating. I'm being honest about what I have in my inventory and what I have tried to do. Besides the trunks of the PD vehicles are bugged right now. No one can pull anything out of them at all. I'm sorry that it seems like I might just be complaining about the new system but I'm just saying it doesn't seem like it fits well with the mixture of what we have to do.

The reason why I do treat people is sometimes there is no ems and the hospital is broken and I am the only person available at the moment to do something about it. So I get them on their way and I wait for the person to come fix the thing instead of making the other person waste their time limping around. I'm just trying to make the issues less annoying for those who are affected by glitches/bugs and take the issue into my own hands while they can go back and play.

As far as taking things off players. When they have a shotgun weighing 25kg, ammo, a pistol 15 kg, ammo for that, a knife, diamonds, gold bars, ect. it kind of gets heavy. So I'm saying when you're already weighed down by a pistol of your own, ammo, a taser, a phone, misc food and water, a flashlight, (if you put your shotgun in the trunk with the ammo then it's not on you knowing you can ACTUALLY pull it out but cannot right now). It just adds up. That's all. 125 isn't that much.
There is a happy in-between that we are trying to locate as the Grand Theft Auto Leadership team, the thing is regardless of the size of everyone's inventory there is always the possibility that the subject who you are intending to take items off will have more items than you can hold regardless of if the limit is 125 or the limit is 1000, A possibility we could look into is expanding the truck space of the Emergency Service vehicles to better support the Officers / Paramedics who have to lug around large amounts of Medical supplies or tools.

Along with that you mentioned something regarding the Trunks of emergency vehicles not working correctly, can you expand on this from all of my recent attempts I haven't had any issues.
 
This has been fixed with the implementation of the new inventory system.
 
Back
Top