Delivered Recognize former leadership

Immaculate

Don't worry, be happy!
=(eGO)=
Joined
Dec 19, 2019
Messages
1,762
In the time that I've been here I've appreciated so many former members of leadership who still enjoy playing on the servers or showing up on forums but now solely as fellow members. I've learned show much from them. I think it would be good for so many reasons to allow the community to be able to identify them. I'm suggesting a small adjustment on their eGO. Make it yellow as opposed to the default white. Anyone who contributes to the community but steps down or is compelled by life to leave should have something that allows all to recognize they have contributed.

eGO former mgr.GIF
 
Upvote 3
We have appreciation awards for leadership. On promotion all leadership are given an award, that stays after they step down, even if they go as far back as an e tag.

But maybe having a clearer indicator could be cool too. May i suggest the ribbon for rank be topped with a crown, representing former leadership? Just not a fan of yellow.
 
oh finally I’ll be recognized for my decade+ of hard work.

it’s about time ✊
 
oh finally I’ll be recognized for my decade+ of hard work.

it’s about time ✊
lmao Ric I love you

Tbh it's not a terrible idea. Yes there is the Leadership award, but this would be a more prominent show of recognition. Choosing how to hand it out would be tricky in some cases as well based on circumstances of the individual no longer being leadership.

I'm neutral on it overall. Won't be upset if it is or isn't implemented.
 
I really want to hear the old leadership's thought on it first.
 
We have appreciation awards for leadership. On promotion all leadership are given an award, that stays after they step down, even if they go as far back as an e tag.

But maybe having a clearer indicator could be cool too. May i suggest the ribbon for rank be topped with a crown, representing former leadership? Just not a fan of yellow.
Then how about gold or silver? I wanted to think of something that wouldn't be too difficult to do. Color is flexible.
 
A lot of us who are former leadership have a pretty big plethora of awards to go along with our time doing it - including a "leadership" award that indicates we were leadership at one time.

Some of us stopped being leadership to sort of just be "regular members" again and enjoy playing without much recognition. Personally... I'm content sort of appearing as a normal dude around here these days.

There's only so many of us active still too. I think we could live without it overall.
 
I would like to continue talking about this. Being a relatively new member of eGO myself, I don't know much of the history behind the servers, and the amazing people that went behind it, and I think that recognizing former LE is a great way to remedy that issue.

In respect to what Simon said,
Personally... I'm content sort of appearing as a normal dude around here these days.
If this was ever to be implemented, I imagine that there could be some sort of toggle set in place for LE who just want to be regular players.

Would love to hear other people's thoughts on this.
 
The "Leadership" award sticks around after you arent leadership.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top