Steam refuses to start

Prince Abu

Forum Fiend
Joined
Jan 21, 2008
Messages
649
I can connect to the internet properly, and steam can go into offline mode.

But whenever i try to go online, steam cannot connect, and despite retries and computer restarts, it doesnt work.

How do i fix this?
 
Sorry Abu, I don't have an answer at the moment, but I am experiencing the same problem. I can't for the life of me figure out what caused it either.
 
....Really, where in the world did that come from?

[Edit]
Thanks by the way, besides having to step through a password reset, that was relatively painless. Also, I would like to know how you heard of the fix.
 
Last edited:
Im screwed.
I reinstalled steam, forgot my account name, account's email address no longer works.
 
Harsh luck Abu, maybe someone on your friend list knows it?
 

Latest posts

Back
Top