Looking for a Microphone

kevdawg

I made one post
Joined
Aug 12, 2008
Messages
28
Hey Guys,

Can anyone recommend a good Microphone? I've looked around a bit. I'd prefer a decent headset that is just the Mic. I use my speakers for sound. Although, if you recommend a good headset with headphones I could be convinced.

Thanks!
Kev
 
I'd recommend the turtle beach headset. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826502007

They are 5.1 surround sound, and you can really hear everything that goes on around you. If you have a decent sound card, you can plug it directly into your sound card. If you don't have a sound card, but have intergrated you can use the standard jacks. There is also a jack to plug directly into the amp. The mic is crystal clear as well. It really fits your head good too, and I find it comfortable.
 
I have a nice surround-sound audio system, but it really wouldn't work well in combination with a mic for voice comm. There's just too much ability for the sound to drown out my voice or cause feedback for fiddling with it to be worth my while. Besides, what good does having a mic do you if no one can hear you?

After doing a lot of research, I bought this Creative headset. It has great sound and good mic pickup. It also is very comfortable.
 
hey kevdawg was doing some research for ya & came across this headset [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-Headset-AUDIO-350-HALO/dp/B000MR9CGE/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=pc&qid=1218645959&sr=1-5"]Amazon.com: Plantronics Gaming Headset (AUDIO 350 HALO 2): Computers & Accessories@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31GmYXhV%2BjL.@@AMEPARAM@@31GmYXhV%2BjL[/ame] & thought you might be interested in it. i have an older model of it (.audio 90 series) & it works wonderfully.
 
This is a good headset:
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-ClearChat-Comfort-USB-Headset/dp/B000UXZQ42/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=pc&qid=1218647383&sr=1-1"]Amazon.com: Logitech ClearChat Comfort/USB Headset H390 (Black): Computers & Accessories@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41jrblYM-nL.@@AMEPARAM@@41jrblYM-nL[/ame]

USB all the way.
 
After doing a lot of research, I bought this Creative headset. It has great sound and good mic pickup. It also is very comfortable.

I have added this to my amazon wish list for now. I know i said I use my speakers for sound but I am thinking it might be real nice to have 5.1 in my ears.


I have heard USB has given people some problems every now and then. What's been your experience?

Somehow I just think Analog would be better.
 
USB has some issues, depending on the user, but it's more software conflicts than anything else.

I prefer analog. You can get a good quality desktop microphone for 5-10 bucks nowadays.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top