Windows Vista - Low Memory Error

Ibuypower.. I have had a few changes done to it.

RAM: 1 GB (two 512 MB sticks)
Processor: AMD Athlon 3500+
Video Card: Nvidia 8500GT
Motherboard: ASUS A8N-E
That is a fairly good system. I have a system not too dissimilar yet uses DDR800 rather than DDR400. You learn something new every day.

I'm sure you know that your system is by no means cutting edge. As long as you are fine with that, slapping a couple extra gigs of RAM in your system would do you well.

I run a couple sticks of this memory in my older system, and it's great stuff. If you can afford it, I'd recommend that you remove what you have now and put two sets of the memory I linked you to in your system. This would give you a total of 4GB of memory running at full speed rather than being limited to the slower speed of your existing memory.
 
...there's 64 bit versions of all the Vistas....

Regardless, there's a way to force vista to detect 4GB if you're running 32bit. It DOES support it, it just doesn't report it. As far as I know.
 
i have the same issue, i cannot run DoD:s, i have 4gig of 800mhz ram... and i have windows basic 32 bit... however, with service pack 1 for vista, it supports up to a lot more than 4gig now... however... why wont my DoD:s work? I dont know... any help?
 
Windows Vista Ultimate - 32 bit.

Do you think 2.5 GB would be enough? I don't think I could do 4 GB because that only works on 64 bit.. I might go for 2.5 or 3 GB then, possibly 3.5 GB if I have the money.

4 should work on 32 bit
 
i have the same issue, i cannot run DoD:s, i have 4gig of 800mhz ram... and i have windows basic 32 bit... however, with service pack 1 for vista, it supports up to a lot more than 4gig now... however... why wont my DoD:s work? I dont know... any help?
It's a new issue Pwny, so please make a new thread for it.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top