Windows Vista Ultimate... thoughts on RAM and is it worth upgrading

My computer is worse than yours, and I can run vista ultimate X64 fine. I suggest you get it, and with your computer specs it will blow xp out of the water.

Just try and get vista ultimate because home premium doesn't add like any new features. Also the rumors about vista sucking and X64 being bad ISN'T TRUE I get same fps/ping in vista that I did with xp.
 
I have Vista Ultimate 64bit on my laptop with 2Gig and it runs just great with T7700 CPU (DC 2.4G). I wouldn't necessarely recommend ultimate (hence what evil-jester already said, home premium will do just fine, but you can check the differences here; http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-vista/compare-editions/default.aspx
However I can recommend 64 bit over 32, eventhough if TF2 or DoD only support 32 bit, over all performace is better. HL2 however comes in 64 bit. Your 3Gb should be just fine, no need to spend more $$$ on that. Don't forget that Vista uses more resources on your system then XP does (Vista recommends min 1Gb). For gaming I would prefer XP. If I where you, save your $$$. No need to upgrade to Vista.

Hope this helps,

MenOpaws
 

Latest posts

Back
Top