Video Card help

Smith

Rookie
Joined
May 15, 2008
Messages
35
Hey guys im getting a Video Card i need to know what kind of card would be good for source i think i have to get a 256 becuase i dont have the money for a 512 ui have to buy a car :( anyone know what card i should get that is 256? and about how much
 
8800GS
I have this card, its very cheap for a pretty good performance. By saying best "Bang for your buck," this card pretty much sums it up.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130332

8800GT Super Clocked
A bit more expensive then the 8800GS, but I would recommend it for only a $30.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130319


If you're on a VERY tight budget, go for the 8800GS, although I highly recommend going for the Superclocked 8800GT if you can spare the $30.
 
Well personally, If you can squeeze out under 200 dollars, I'd go for

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Diamond-Viper-Radeon-512MB-GDDR4/dp/B000YIWESO[/ame]

the ATI HD 3870.. 512 Ram, GDDR4, supports DX10 if you need it, Shader Model 4.1... Or if you just need a fast solution.. something along the lines of an ATI X1650 Pro or X850 Pro.. the 1650 Has 512, can be picked up for 75 bucks or so, Runs the Exact same as the X850, which is more expensive, and has less RAM, I use the 1650, It runs Day of Defeat Source, TF2, all source games flawless, The only difference other than the RAM is the 850 does NOT support 3.0 shaders, and the 1650 Does, but it doesn't matter as source doesn't use 3.0 shaders anyway, so you could go with either and still be happy
 
Or just look for a 7900GTX..... runs everything with decent FPS and I've seen them selling for like 15-30 bucks.

You won't get uber awesome FPS on most games but if you want a bang for the buck 7900GTX would be my choice. :3 Besides the prices will drop again at christmas.
 
Nay, the new ATI 4850. Single slot PCI-e 16 under $200. Love it.

I'd second that. I got the card too and its amazing. It's a cheap price and can run almost all games out there on high besides Crysis. I can get 20 - 60FPS in Crysis with medium high settings with it though and it still looks amazing.
 
8600GT ... It performs on bar with the 9600 and better than most ATI
 

Latest posts

Back
Top