Nvidia NTune

dunk182

The Dunker
=(e)=
Joined
Jan 27, 2008
Messages
562
well i used the program, the fine tuning option. now my ping is around 80, it used to be 30 on all of our servers. well is there anyway to fix it?

System Specs:
Windows Vista home premium 32 Bit
AMD athlon 64 X2 Duel Core processor 6000+ 3.22 GHz
RAM:3 GB
This is more detailed specs
 
well I would say go back into that program and find out if it has a networking option to tweak your NIC.


your internet and lan card is the only thing that can effect your ping.... this is one reason I never use any auto tune or any kind of "performance" software.



I would get it and look around in there but I don't own any Nvidia products so it probably won't work.
 


that is all the options it gives -_- if this doesnt work then ima just wipe the comp and start over....
 
I would look under motherboard settings... since the LAN chip is integrated into the motherboard...
 
From what I have heard, Ntune is a horrible piece of software, and it does some bizarre things to your system. The reviews that are posted about it all pretty much say to avoid it at all costs. I don't know if there is a way you can have it restore the default settings, but if there is, use it.
That said, an ping of 80 isn't awful. I run in the 80-90 range most of the time, with spikes if there is other traffic on my network (ie, my wife is downloading something).
 
well this is comming from 30-32 reg ping on all of our servers...

and these are the options i get O_o
 
maybe your ping dropped because of someone else using your bandwidth at the same time.
if anyone else in my house uses their computer, my ping will rise from 29 to somewhere in the 50's or 60's for just one computer browsing the web. this could be the problem if you don't have QOS (quality of service) set up on your router and your pc

also, since cable internet is shared by a neighborhood, it might not be unheard of if you loose some of your ping because of other people around you using the internet.

i'd say to uninstall ntune and see if that helps anything. if not, blame it on your
ISP
 
When you installed the drivers, did you have an option to install the Nvidia Networking drivers too? If so, you will see something like "configure first packet", and "enable teaming".

First Packet allows network traffic to be prioritized for optimum performance for certain programs (Ie: CSS, DOD, etc). Teaming combines both Ethernet ports you have into one. So you plug both into your router, and it acts like (1)200MB/s port instead of a 100. Here are some screen shots for guide.


 
NTune is pure junk and has nothing to do with your network. If you just want to overclock your video card, get eVGA's Precision Tool. If you want to overclock your CPU as well, use your motherboard's BIOS. Trying to overclock your CPU while in Windows isn't a good idea.

If you have an NForce motherboard, don't install nVidia's network drivers, not the actual drivers, the other one (forget the name at the moment) that it asks you about. Crap! Can't believe I forgot it's name.

If you don't have an nForce board, then maybe it's your ISP or something. *shrugs*
 

Latest posts

Back
Top