ShaneHD's Computer Center - I build Computers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote1201066461=Punch2Face]
How much do you think it would cost to build a decent computer? Like I don't know specifics of anything, but something that would be good for video/sound/graphics editing and gaming. My computer is OK, but some things are somewhat lacking.
[/quote1201066461]


A solid pc can cost you around $900. Off course I am not an expert, but what I bought runs dodsource on the highest resolution and still manages to spit out 70-150 FPS.
 
First of all, this entire post / sticky needs to be cleaned up. I will see what I can do about that to make it easier to follow and take out the junk.

However, today, you are not going to find a $900 computer than can play dod:s at max settings which also gets 150 fps unless you are hosting your own map and have no other players.

Granted that you did not say max settings you said max resolution - but who would run a game at resolutions of 1600x1200 or 2048x1536 and have all settings to off or low. Clearly somehting is going on here and I call shinanigans that you never go below 70 fps.
 
Price on a good gaming PC is from 500 to 1,000 for a budget gamer. Give or take. I just spent $550 on a new rig that will play any game out there except Crysis of coarse and still have room to upgrade. Being able to compare parts from different sites like toms will always help you in any decision on PC building. Also do a google search for $500 gaming rig. There's a couple of sites that post at least once or twice a year some nice cheap rigs.
 
As a response to greenmonkey..... I have built two (2) computers in the last month under $350 that not only will play dod at max settings but almost any game on the market at max settings. It is very achievable if you know what you are looking for. If you would like to see specs just pm me some time. :)
 
First of all, this entire post / sticky needs to be cleaned up. I will see what I can do about that to make it easier to follow and take out the junk.

However, today, you are not going to find a $900 computer than can play dod:s at max settings which also gets 150 fps unless you are hosting your own map and have no other players.

Granted that you did not say max settings you said max resolution - but who would run a game at resolutions of 1600x1200 or 2048x1536 and have all settings to off or low. Clearly somehting is going on here and I call shinanigans that you never go below 70 fps.

...To be honest with you my rig cost about 150 and i run at 1366x768 with my settings at high on dod:s and i get 30-40 fps...

You can get quality gaming rigs for 400 bucks or so if you shop deals. We've done it in our house twice so far. Newegg and tigerdirect are good places to look as they often have package deals.
 
i want to build a comp but my dad says its more expencive... i know how and everything but he just wont let me gr...

That's a lie. You don't pay for the costs to assemble the PC. Also you have greater freedom. Like if you wanted a pc wich is good at gaming but it also has blu-ray wich you'd never use, that is thrown away money.
 
Please Do not bumb up posts that are over year old apparently it against the rules. Request lock:)
 
Considering the poster of this post is not even active anymore, and this thread is almost 2 years old, i think it should be locked...and yes that is why i commented.
 
Wow. Old thread is old.

Guys, I don't think ShaneHD is around any more. How'd you manage to find this thread anyway? Last post before it was necro'd was from January. Of 2008.

Time to let this one die.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top