Sapphire (Powered by ATi) Radeon HD 3850

Killa

Forum Fanatic
Joined
Apr 28, 2007
Messages
973
Hey guys, I'm planning to purchase a Sapphire Radeon HD 3850 512mb PCI-e 16x video card (Only one, I'm low on funds). I'm wondering if you guys can give me some feedback on the card, whether you've had one before, have one now, or know a lot about it. My main thought is if it will run CoD4 smoothly with minimal problems. The benchmarks do say one thing, but I want some more information on it. Thanks a bunch! :)
 
A friend of mine has this card,he ran all settings set to highest with 4xAA and 16x AF, and a resolution of 1024x768 with a fps rate of about 50-60 for COD4.
 
have the same card right now, never played COD4 with it but it works great in CS, TF2 and DOD. mine is overclocked to 740 on cpu and 1000 on mem. running 1680x1050 with everything on high get 60-80 fps in DOD
 
wow, kinda weird, but i actually just purchased this card and should be getting it today :D

check back tonight and i will give you a detailed report (assuming the card is here on time)
 
I own this card now; never had any problems whatsoever. I can max a lot of games. great value for the price, I say.
 
ok here is my detailed report:

Call Of Duty 4: 20-30 frames, 1680 x 1050 resolution, with optimal settings set

Team Fortress 2: 20-30 frames, 1680 x 1050 resolution, EVERYTHING max, using pyro on 2fort

Day of Defeat: 30-40 frames, 1680 x 1050 resolution, EVERYTHING max, flash map

Counter Strike
: 60 frames, 1680 x 1050 resolution, EVERYTHING max, office server

umm thats really all i have tested right now but ill update when i test more
 
I have an HD3870 Sapphire I'm getting about 75-101 FPS on TF2. It's a great card.
The 3850 is pretty much the same for FPS
 
If you can afford it, nab a 4XXX series. Much better, especially at higher resolutions. If you're playing at 1280x1024 or something, the 3850 will do you well though.

~Gooda~
 

Latest posts

Back
Top