This may be the ODDEST thing I have EVER encountered...

KecK

I made one post
Joined
Aug 17, 2008
Messages
18
Help me with this one folks!

Every time I access Google Maps and try to pan across the map or zoom my internet shuts off for about 10 seconds. How do I know this? I cannot access web pages, any VOIP calls going on drop and if I happen to be downloading anything the speed slows to 0 kB/s. Only happens to Google Maps and it happens 100% of the time. Figure this out for me.... I certainly don't have a clue :P
 
It is maybe a bandwidth issue with your internet service provider (comcast, qwest, etc.), as in when you move the map you use up a lot of bandwidth and your ISP resets the connection. This could also be a problem with a router if you had one, if you do you might try pluggin in wihtout it and see if you get the same problem.

I had a similar problem before with my modem reseting when I tried to play games.
 
It is maybe a bandwidth issue with your internet service provider (comcast, qwest, etc.), as in when you move the map you use up a lot of bandwidth and your ISP resets the connection. This could also be a problem with a router if you had one, if you do you might try pluggin in wihtout it and see if you get the same problem.

I had a similar problem before with my modem reseting when I tried to play games.

hehe... this reminds me of my router....

i have dsl and i run a server too.... so i get alot of traffic and my router actually overloaded once from so much bandwidth being used. Luckily now i have the fastest package they offer and I dont have that problem anymore
 
Yes I have had similiar problems with my wireless router. Basically too many graphics to transfer wirelessly is my guess... happens while i play Counter Strike, it will shut me off of the internet for atleast 5 minutes. I hate wireless routers now lol...
 

Latest posts

Back
Top