Stupid disconnection issues! Could use some help here!

Nenketsu

I made one post
Joined
Sep 1, 2008
Messages
23
OK first of all this is making me mad! !bang I use a wireless connection and have excellent connection 99% of the time.. But still of course I get disconnected from CS:S and if that wasn't enough I also cannot join another server for about 3-5 minutes... Any one got any answers???
 
Last edited:
I can't really find the problem 100% but, are you on Vista by any chance?

Reason;
Vista has a checking system for wireless which every 60 seconds checks for a better connection. This causes MAJOR lag spikes in games and can cause you to drop from servers very easily.
 
I can't really find the problem 100% but, are you on Vista by any chance?

Reason;
Vista has a checking system for wireless which every 60 seconds checks for a better connection. This causes MAJOR lag spikes in games and can cause you to drop from servers very easily.

No i run XP
 
How far away are you from the router?

Also, do you use DMZ or do you have your ports correctly forwarded on both router and firewall?

I'm in a Networking class right now in my High School, but can't really fix a problem unless I can physically see the environment sadly.
 
I get this for TF2 as well. I can't explain why since everything is fine on my side.
 
My router is about 20ft. away so there shouldn't be any interferance... and not sure how to check your second question. :(
 

To clarify: 192.168.1.1 is the IP address of the router on your network, so typing that into your browser should take you to the router's control panel.

Note:
(from this site.
Linksys routers use 192.168.1.1 for their internal IP address. D-Link and Netgear routers typically use 192.168.0.1. Some US Robotics routers use 192.168.123.254, and some SMC routers use 192.168.2.1.
 
That there could be your problem. I have found netgear products don't like working with other brand products. In fact, I had the exact same problem as you when I tried mixing a netgear adapter with a linksys router. Also, I find PCI adapters are much more stable than USB ones, if you have a USB one.
 
Try switching your router channels as interference can sometimes occur which can cause your router to cut out. Also try setting your router up to allow computer MAC addresses only as i have found this to work for me sometimes. If all else fails put your PC in DMZ for a brief period of time and see if it remains connected, if it does then it is probably your router/computer settings. If it doesn't then it might be your hardware.
 
My internet worked alot slower when I had wireless too. I often got dissconnected of Tf2. In the end I just bought an ethernet cable. It isn't as convinient as the wireless wouter but I haven't been dissconnected of Tf2 since; and my internet works alot smoother too.
 
O ok thanks for the help i'll try all that stuff and if all fails i'll get a 50ft. cord like u lol :)
 
O ok thanks for the help i'll try all that stuff and if all fails i'll get a 50ft. cord like u lol :)
Wireless is slower than Wired, may be your problem.

I have not used Netgear so no comment on their products being slow.

Although, Linksys sells Routers for $50 and it comes with SpeedBoost in it, not bad.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top