I need some advice.

Joined
May 31, 2008
Messages
180
I built my rig from the ground up. I cant get the mic to work at all. I have a asus mobo and a amdx2 dc prosessor. 2 gb of ddr2 ram. nvidia8800gt vc and 250gb hd. Windows xp pro. Anyone have any ideas?
 
On my Asus P5B-E, I had to install the audio drivers from Asus and then go into the audio controls and enable the mic on the front panel... it worked for a bit, but then started giving me fits... I went back to using my USB adapter for my headset.

Make sure you are turning the front jacks on in the settings and unmute the mic.... they are not "standard" options...
 
exactly what die often said, if u dont have a sound card installed on 1 of the pci slots, then u need to install the drivers for the motherboard sound.
 
I had the exact same issue with my asus mobo (rampage formula). I simply gave up and used a usb headset :P
 
If the drivers are installed please make sure that you don't have the rear speaker passing through to the mic jack on the front or top of the case. Some designs will disable one port when the other is installed.

As always make sure you have the correct recording device selected in windows. By default my SC had the rear mic jack muted so when I tried to use my mic nothing happened. I selected MIC2 on the front and viola... everything was better. Also, if you have multiple sound devices you need to make sure the correct device is selected.

After each driver update things went wacky so I just bought a USB headset/mic... hey, maybe this is a plot by EGO to force you to buy a new mic/headset from Saitek?

.... I smell conspiracy!!!
 
The usb is a good idea. I did install the sound drivers and I do have sound. But the mic is really distorted. Like its catching reverb or something. I herd something about messing around in cmos but I dont want to. I do have the mic unmuted so I dont really know what else to do.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top