Google Chrome

pillar

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Feb 14, 2008
Messages
2,968
Well I decided to post this since I heard from G4's The Loop & decided to d/l it. It looks real solid & I have no issues with youtube videos like I do with Firefox & Opera. Let me know what you guys think.
 
Only thing i don't like is the way they did their bookmark pulldown thing, that and there isn't flashblock on it yet (The plugin that blocks the unnecessary flash ads on webpages). Other than that it looks pretty good and it runs well. Maybe some themes would help chrome look less like the blue windows theme.
 
It's already been hacked. Google has yet to patch it.

Second, their EULA was messed up in the beginning. Apparently when you install you agree that whatever you submit through the browser immediately allows Google to use it without paying you royalties and such. But that's been changed, so it's not a problem anymore.

~Gooda~
 
I'll eventually give this a try, after it's had time to mature a little.
 
it's definitely a young browser. i love the concept behind it, and on most pages it's quite a bit faster than firefox (in my personal use, anyway). i've found that if you're on a website that uses a lot of flash it tends to bog down after 15 or 20 minutes on that site (like a flash game or something).

i can't wait for google to put some more work into the full version of this browser. they need to take a few cues from firefox, but overall i would say this has the potential to be a great program.
 
I like Chrome a lot, but as someone mentioned before me, different themes would be nice. This is something I'm definitely going to be following as it develops.
 
I just downloaded this and let me tell you... WOW is it fast. So much faster than my Mozilla, Internet Explorer, and Safari. The only thing I don't like s the interface but thats just me....
 
The issue with the EULA was because google copied and pasted the youtube one. =]

I am looking for more exciting features for it though. It is a nice clean browser, but does not give you the option of restoring the windows when it crashes like FF. I also don't like how the bookmarks are arranged and the absence of a scroll down list for your history.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top