PC Game Controllers

Joined
Jun 23, 2007
Messages
2,454
Lately I've been interested in getting a PC game controller. I like my keyboard and mouse like the next guy but sometimes I just want to have myself a game controller. Now I made this thread to ask you guys about them. Do they work with all games? Should I get some Logitech controller or should I just get an Xbox controller?
Here is some others as well. The first one (the logitech wireless one) I like because its wireless which is a plus for me. So what do you guys think?
 
Last edited:
I've got a wireless 360 controller for my PC and it seems to work fine for the games that I tested it out on, although I haven't even tried using it on FPS's. Some of the newer games will automatically recognize it when it's connected and will map the buttons to how they are on the X-Box (i.e. Halo 2, Gears of War, and other Games for Windows titles). If you're going with the wireless 360 controller, you'll need one of these receivers, or you could simply go with the wired 360 controller and plug it into the USB.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbox-Wireless-Controller-Windows-Pc/dp/B000KA5T6A/"]Amazon[/ame] actually sells a wireless 360 controller + receiver bundle for $50 that may be worth looking at.
 
Last edited:
Oooo that looks nice. Might just grab one of those.
 
I use the Xbox 360 (USB) controller for some of my PC games.

The functionality of the Xbox controller depends on the game; some games are great with the controller; GRID and Psychonauts are two I've played recently with the controller and loved it.

TF2 and COD4 are two games that I prefer the mouse and keyboard setup.

I'm thinking Tom Clancey's HAWX, the new Prince of Persia and Mirror's Edge could be some upcoming games that'll work good with the Xbox 360 controller...
 
Last edited:
I use the wired USB 360 controller, it rocks! I love playing GRID w/ force feedback on, rumblicious!
 
My favorite is that cheap old Recoil gamepad ( Think walmart now has it as "Philips" brand. )

It's a PS2 style controller. Very solid - except - the only downside to that one, is the retractable USB cord is on the shoddy side. My cat bit thru the cord and killed it (DOH!).

There's a wireless version too.

It's a very solid controller - well made, durable (except for the cord, lol). When I picked that thing up - I was surprised that it was only $20 for the overall quality I got. Good value. Worked great with the games I tried it with - responsive and all.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top