Page Timeouts & Packet Loss w/edgegamers.org

Joined
Aug 2, 2008
Messages
64
Having a lot of problems accessing pages & threads with this site. Given all the weather and rain we've been having I assumed some cabling was being affected here (it's happened before) or there's a faulty router somewhere along the line.

However, this site is the -only- site I regularly visit where this is occurring. It started about 1-2 weeks ago and has continued since. Did some ping loops to the website server and am getting a 25-30% packet loss.

Tracing route to edgegamers.org [208.43.114.193]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 16 ms 7 ms 8 ms ip68-102-184-1.ks.ok.cox.net [68.102.184.1]
2 8 ms 8 ms 8 ms ip70-183-64-49.ks.ks.cox.net [70.183.64.49]
3 17 ms 17 ms 20 ms kscydsrj01-ae2.rd.ks.cox.net [70.183.71.101]
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 * * * Request timed out.
7 28 ms 27 ms 26 ms dalsbbrj02-ae2.0.r2.dl.cox.net [68.1.1.243]
8 29 ms 28 ms 26 ms dalsbbrj01-ae0.r2.dl.cox.net [68.1.0.142]
9 61 ms 61 ms 61 ms ashbbbrj01-so100.r2.as.cox.net [68.1.1.221]
10 58 ms 59 ms 62 ms ashbbbrj02-ae0.0.r2.as.cox.net [68.1.0.221]
11 60 ms 64 ms 60 ms border1.te7-2-bbnet2.wdc008.pnap.net [216.52.127
.98]
12 57 ms 59 ms 62 ms te1-1.cer01.wdc01.washingtondc-datacenter.com [6
6.151.100.66]
13 59 ms 57 ms 61 ms po1.fcr01.wdc01.washingtondc-datacenter.com [208
.43.118.134]
14 * 62 ms * dgx.us [208.43.114.193]
15 61 ms 61 ms * dgx.us [208.43.114.193]
16 60 ms * * dgx.us [208.43.114.193]
17 63 ms * 59 ms dgx.us [208.43.114.193]

Trace complete.

hmm, looks like the KC-Dallas (?) route is compromised, maybe.

Is anyone else having problems with this site or perhaps any based in the server's area?
 
well you are right you are taking a lot of time in the internet world. I did the same thing with the trace and I get there in 17 hops but the same thing is that KC-Dallas route is a problem. But come to think of it I dont have a problem. What state are you in. That might help.
 
Kansas ("ks.ok.cox.net" in the trace)

And, oddly enough, I'm getting a lot less trouble accessing this site early in the morning here (it's about 630am CST). Wonder if its a bandwidth problem on Edgegamer's end, huh. I'll have to see if the problem returns later in the day.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top