eGO, I need your advice (making a program)

xenophek

Forum Fiend
Joined
Jul 18, 2008
Messages
735
For starters, I wasn't sure where to post this, so if an admin sees it feel free (and please do) to move this wherever it belongs.

Ok, I'm in need of advice. I need to make a program to design headstones. Yes, the ones that go over graves. The company I'm working for still uses thick, heavy books with designs and colors of stone that make it a tedious process for the grieving families that visit us. So, I got the idea to make a program (Flash or other) where we can put a computer in front of them and they can choose the shape, then the color, then the design and it'll give them a picture of what it will look like. Where would I begin to make something like that, or to have someone do it for me? I'm willing to shell out some cash, but I'd rather do it myself and save the green because I'm a student.

Any advice is much appreciated. Any questions will be answered.
 
Research this like crazy, see if anybody else has made an application that is similar in any way. If you can't find anything contact a software developer near you.
 
Oooo that sounds fun.

I tell you if I weren't busy as hell I'd be all over this.

If it's a must-do, and your company's thinking of hiring someone to write it - then hire someone. If rock of ages don't got it - then nobody does.

First thing is to analyze those books, get down standards that go across the board - and let the grunt know what you want.

After that - get the moron (programmer) started and you're on your way to ... uh ... making graves.
 
there are a lot of programs that allow you to customize things so the program that you want will work the same with the headstone images instead. Check to see if you can find any on free ware sites. Just remember to credit the maker of the program.
 
adobe illustrator is one of the best programs i know when you want to change shapes and depth of lines,,,,and if you go to adobe.com and register for free you can get a down load for thirty days... hope this helps
 
I recommend you start learning actionscript right away, it's a really good platfom wich doesn't really require alot of skill and the posibility's are endless...

Don't really like the subject here :'( Me an my mom needed to pick one a month ago.......

:( :(
 
BTW - if you've got zero experience with the programming, don't bother. Your program will end up being a train wreck.

Browser based is a great option.

Making a good flash requires experience.

If money's on the line - hire. Get a quote first. If the guy is wishy washy (can't quote you a timeframe for completion) - tell him "We'll call you." ( you know, the standard - "so long, get outta here, you suck" answer. )
 

Latest posts

Back
Top