I originally posted 5:18 on 9-19 in the wrong place, Artimus suggested I post it here.
"My son and I are both on the same router. It appears that when we both try to play COD4, we loose our connection. Do you know if this is a coincidence? Is there a work around?" We have a Linksys WRT54GS router and both are running Vista. Everytime we tried to join the game, both of our PCs would timeout and loose connection.
FIXED:
I found my multiplayer config file in hidden directory:
C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\Regnar
I added the following line to my config_mp.cfg file.
seta net_port "28961"
COD4 normally uses port 28960, and we were confusing the router. Once I made the change, it has been working great, although it didn't help my aim
John aka Regnar
"My son and I are both on the same router. It appears that when we both try to play COD4, we loose our connection. Do you know if this is a coincidence? Is there a work around?" We have a Linksys WRT54GS router and both are running Vista. Everytime we tried to join the game, both of our PCs would timeout and loose connection.
FIXED:
I found my multiplayer config file in hidden directory:
C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\Regnar
I added the following line to my config_mp.cfg file.
seta net_port "28961"
COD4 normally uses port 28960, and we were confusing the router. Once I made the change, it has been working great, although it didn't help my aim
John aka Regnar







