So I am looking at 2 motherboards right now, and I cant decide which one to get.
There's the Maximus II Formula and the Rampage Formula. I'll let the specs do the talking for you guys and pictures
So here in this corner, with the black coated heatsink is...
* Intel? Core?2 Extreme / Core?2 Quad / Core?2 Duo Ready
* Support Intel next generation 45nm Multi-Core CPU
* Intel? P45/ICH10R
* Dual-channel DDR2 1200/1066/800/667 Support
* SupremeFX X-Fi 8-CH Audio
* CPU Level Up
* Pin Fin Thermal Module
* Speeding HDD
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131319
http://usa.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=117&l3=0&l4=0&model=2166&modelmenu=1
and in this corner, with the plain copper heatsink is...
- Intel? Quad-core CPU Ready
- Supports Intel? next generation 45nm Multi-core CPU
- Intel? Core?2 Extreme / Core?2 Duo Ready
- Intel? X48/ICH9R
- Dual-channel DDR2 1200*/1066 MHz Support
- Pin-Fin Thermal Module Design
- CPU Level Up
- SupremeFX II 8-CH Audio
- 2-Phase DDR2
- LCD Poster
- ASUS EPU (Energy Processing Unit)
- Voltiminder LED
- COP EX
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131284
http://usa.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=117&l3=0&l4=0&model=2070&modelmenu=1
Ok, here's my opinion:
Maximus:
Pros: CrossfireX, love the black and red heatsink
Cons: P35 Chipset
Rampage:
Pros: X48 Chipset
Cons: Crossfire (without the "X")
I believe I read when a person goes "Crossfire," both cards goes X8 speed than x16. And CrossfireX is at X16 speed.
I don;t know, HELP ME DECIDE!!! They're both indeed great Mobos.
I don't want ddr3, that's why I chose them.
There's the Maximus II Formula and the Rampage Formula. I'll let the specs do the talking for you guys and pictures

So here in this corner, with the black coated heatsink is...
* Intel? Core?2 Extreme / Core?2 Quad / Core?2 Duo Ready
* Support Intel next generation 45nm Multi-Core CPU
* Intel? P45/ICH10R
* Dual-channel DDR2 1200/1066/800/667 Support
* SupremeFX X-Fi 8-CH Audio
* CPU Level Up
* Pin Fin Thermal Module
* Speeding HDD
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131319
http://usa.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=117&l3=0&l4=0&model=2166&modelmenu=1
and in this corner, with the plain copper heatsink is...
- Intel? Quad-core CPU Ready
- Supports Intel? next generation 45nm Multi-core CPU
- Intel? Core?2 Extreme / Core?2 Duo Ready
- Intel? X48/ICH9R
- Dual-channel DDR2 1200*/1066 MHz Support
- Pin-Fin Thermal Module Design
- CPU Level Up
- SupremeFX II 8-CH Audio
- 2-Phase DDR2
- LCD Poster
- ASUS EPU (Energy Processing Unit)
- Voltiminder LED
- COP EX
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131284
http://usa.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=117&l3=0&l4=0&model=2070&modelmenu=1
Ok, here's my opinion:
Maximus:
Pros: CrossfireX, love the black and red heatsink
Cons: P35 Chipset
Rampage:
Pros: X48 Chipset
Cons: Crossfire (without the "X")
I believe I read when a person goes "Crossfire," both cards goes X8 speed than x16. And CrossfireX is at X16 speed.
I don;t know, HELP ME DECIDE!!! They're both indeed great Mobos.
I don't want ddr3, that's why I chose them.
















