Steam - Updating PROBLEM

Joined
Sep 10, 2008
Messages
157
My steam today started acting weird...
I just start steam and it says Steam- Updating
Updating steam
and it stays like that
I tried to delete clientregistry.blob
checked registry problems and i defragged it
reinstalled steam
there are no background programs running

I Needz Help!

And after like 10 minutes it says Unable to connect to Steam -
No internet
but i am connected to the internet
also i tried resetting my router

I dunno what to do!!
Help !bang!bang!bang!bang
 
steam does have problems with vista, and the new update could've hurted it since you use vista, or does your bar in your sig lie?
 
also it worked in the morning and when i came back on my pc it stopped working...
when i had vista before the update i had no problems great ping no lag or anything
 
exactly what it says when it doesnt update
Unable to connect to the Steam Network. 'Offline mode' is unavailable because there is no Steam login information stored on this computer.

You will not be able to use Steam until you can connect to the Steam network again.

Click here to check the status of the Steam Network http://store.steampowered.com/stats/
 
I had some issues with Steam saying I had registry errors. Rather than going through the headache of trying to delete this or that, I just reinstalled the client with the most recent version. Sometimes it just needs to reset.
 
I have scanned For regisrtry with CCleaner, Uniblue Registrybooster 2009, tuneup 2008
Firewall is turned off
My ports are always open!!!
 
Uninstall Steam and Reinstall it. It happen to me before also. That will surely fix it.
you will see.

Israel.
 
I'd reinstall steam. I'm also on Vista but have not run into a problem wih Steam
 

Latest posts

Back
Top