Gifting TF2 questions

xenophek

Forum Fiend
Joined
Jul 18, 2008
Messages
735
I upgraded to the Orange Box today, and I was hoping to gift my extra copy of Team Fortress 2 to a friend... but I don't see that anywhere. I read on the Steam support that Half Life can be gifted, but there was absolutely nothing about extra copies of Team Fortress 2...

Can anybody help me? Is there a phone number I can call?
 
If I remember right it should be in your games tab in the expanded view. Next to your TF2 it should say "1 Extra Copy" and you should be able to click that to give it away...

Either that or in your games tab click the menu called "games" and go to "Manage Gifts & Guests Passes..."

Hope that helps.
 
If I remember right it should be in your games tab in the expanded view. Next to your TF2 it should say "1 Extra Copy" and you should be able to click that to give it away...

Either that or in your games tab click the menu called "games" and go to "Manage Gifts & Guests Passes..."

Hope that helps.

No, none of that worked. I emailed Valve asking for assistance, but I've never had great experiences with tech support...
 
Stupid question: Have you logged out and logged back into steam since buying orange box?

Yep. Logged out and then back in, exited Steam, the works. I even restarted the computer.

I'm not liking Valve for this... if they have an online content management system for games like this... I should have the same freedoms as any other game
 
I didn't really have a choice to install it. When I registered the Box, it gave me a list of games to install. I unchecked the TF2 box because I thought I could gift the extra...
 
Yes. The rest of the Orange Box. I'm not trying to give the whole thing away.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top