What I want to be

I am currently studying Computer Science at a particular California State University and I am also a UNIX Network Administrator at said university. I plan to go into the software engineering field when I graduate after next semester.
 
[quote1184361359=Blindsfell]
i am 14 and i want to be a pro soccer player, win the sorld series of poker. master the world with eGO, and have my band go famous.
[/quote1184361359]


Blind....a bit much dont you think....Well i want to do something with programming and designing things for the computer or possibly a game designer...
 
I want to be a pro soccer player, but sadly i have no chance because trying to get to play for england is impossible so i work at a hospital now, and going to university for teaching history.
 
20, and as a sponsored Triathlete currently, I am working to reach Pro status by April next year.

What it is to be an Ironman: Swim the farthest you have ever swam, bike a century stage of the Tour de France, then run the Boston Marathon. In one day.
 
I'm 21 and currently doing what I want to (sort of) which is IT and network admin for a small company. Also, boo UT, gig em ags.
 
Well, I applies for macdonalds before the summer started, they said they would call me back, they never did. So im still lazy, unimployed.
 
[quote1184427077=JackofSpades]
Cake wat is your fastest mile time? I can run around a 5:15.
[/quote1184427077]

Ouch! Got to hit me where I am weakest! My run times aren't that great, I average 5:30's for the 5k and closer to 6 minute miles for 10k (these times are AFTER I swim and bike Sprint or Olympic distances, respectively). Ironman distance, I'll be lucky to average 9 minute miles on the run, but that is a whole different level of intensity and endurance.
 
I just turned 30. I graduated high school in 1995, and then went to Arizona State University for a year before dropping out. I spent the next few years putzing around doing data entry at an insurance company while play playing in my band out at clubs and DJing at raves.

In 1999 I joined the Air Force. I spent 3 years as a member of the 16 HGS, a part of the Air Force Special Operations Command, working on the MH-53 Pavelow Helicopters. Our choppers were the first Coalition vehicles to cross the boarder into Kuwait in the first Desert Storm. I spent the next 3 years in Germany working on C-130 transport planes.

I got out in 2005 and started finishing up my Bachelor's Degree. I had some credits from my stint at ASU in 1995-1996, as well as from the Community College of the Air Force. I used my GI Bill to support myself, along with student loans and grants, while I was in school in order to avoid working so I could focus on my schooling. Plus, who wants to work if you don't have to, right? I figured I sold my soul and busted my butt for over half a decade (6 years and change) so I could take a break for two or three years, right?

I am still in school, and will graduate with my B.A. in secondary education from ASU West in December. It is the most accredited and respected teacher-prep program in the state, and well known on a national scale as well. I will start teaching in January. I am going to be a High School language arts/literature/english teacher.
 
I'm 30, work for a school district as a developer/systems analyst. On the weekends and 2 weeks a year, I play military in the Air Force Reserves as a hydro mech on the C-17s. On the side, I am the director of technology for indietv.tv. When I grow up, I wanna be a multi-millionaire, but I haven't figured out how to do that yet. Hey ramatheson, I was in Germany as well until 2005, I worked on the C-9s. Prolly seen ya around.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top