eGO MOTD crashing my system

eddycurrents

I made one post
Joined
Aug 22, 2008
Messages
21
As per title, the eGO message of the day is crashing my game and sometimes locks up my system, needing a reset. The only way I can join a server is if I hit Continue fast enough to skip the MOTD. I guess it still loads in the background though, because If I go to another server, or the server reloads the map, immediate crash. I never see the MOTD, just a black space, then crash.

I don't get this on other servers I've tried so it's not a Steam or TF2 issue.

Anyone else seen this? Any idea how to fix this?

I tried changing my default browser (does the MOTD use the default or force IE or something?), I updated my video drivers, I did the Steam validate cache files thing. No difference.
 
I've heard of this problem from other people. The only thing I can come up with is that there is some sort of non-html messing things up. (ie Javascript, Flash) so I'd update your flash player perhaps?

As a sort of extreme response, you might be able to set your browser/firewall to block the website that comes up in the motd.
 
Thanks for the suggestions. My flash plugin is up to date. Setting my browser to block the website (just zero it out in hosts file) should work, but how would I find out what that site is?
 
robo hobo suffers from this too... even djsatanswife (I think it was her) had her system crash at the MOTD.... it is something specific to the Velocity Micro ad... last time we had it this happened to robo hobo and now that it is back, it is happening again :(
 
i know that when the MOTD pops up for me my computer chugs for a little bit. maybe your computer can't handle all of it?
 
I have had this happen, quick way to fix it is to join another server, then ours, then quickly move on to choosing team
 

Latest posts

Back
Top