New Windows Worm information

LunaviXXen

I made one post
Joined
Sep 1, 2008
Messages
12
Got this email from the head of our IT department today... thought i would share the information... I downloaded the patch onto my computer from the microsoft website just in case :)

Hope this proves helpful for someone! :)



Please be aware of the Malicious Website internet worm currently circling the web.

This worm will shut down all services on your computers and prevent you from accessing any information.

The worm is passed around in the form of an executable file and it can display on any website so be careful where you click!!!

Microsoft has released a patch to help prevent the issue:



Windows XP users ? please click the first link below, download and install the patch file:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0D5F9B6E-9265-44B9-A376-2067B73D6A03&displaylang=en



If you are running Windows Vista please be sure to access this link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=18FDFF67-C723-42BD-AC5C-CAC7D8713B21&displaylang=en
 
Thanks Luna I will set it up when I get home. I wonder if there is also an auto update with windows or only a manual install like the one from your links.
 
If you have automatic updates on, you've already got the patch. :O

Just a reminder, ALWAYS KEEP AUTOMATIC UPDATES ON. Especially on Windows.
 
Yep mrawesome2 because the windows OS moslty has the most viruses systems like mac and linux they have less chances just they cant open .exe files
 
Easiest way to avoid catching anything before it even has a chance to run:

FireFox 3.0 + NoScript

http://noscript.net/

You will stop the malicious script from running before it even has a chance to load. Once you get NoScript set-up with a decent sized white list, you won't even know its there.
 
Easiest way to avoid catching anything before it even has a chance to run:

FireFox 3.0 + NoScript

http://noscript.net/

You will stop the malicious script from running before it even has a chance to load. Once you get NoScript set-up with a decent sized white list, you won't even know its there.


Very true :)


Well for those who do not keep the automatic updates on... I hope I saved you some trouble :P
 

Latest posts

Back
Top