Pendrive linux mouse issues

Clarko

Forum Fiend
Joined
Aug 8, 2008
Messages
737
Hello everyone. I have never used linux before constantly just loaded up ubuntu to try it out. Well at my college campus the student computers are limited to what they can do. I installed Pendrive Linux on my 8GB Corsair Flash Voyager USB stick and it works great at school. I allows me to use IRC and connect like I wanted and I saw how I could use it as well as my own PC to carry around with me. Well I got it to work on my Home PC but for some reason the mouse is not set right. When I move it left to right or X-axis it actually moves up and down. Whats worse is that if I move it up and down nothing happens. At first I thought it was inverted but nope. Well I cannot get to the configuration because I do not know the hot key or how to access the start menu it has with my keyboard. I use a Microsoft SideWinder Mouse. Maybe cause its microsoft? hehe Any help is appritiated and thank you for you time.
 
try and plug in another mouse to see if that works, if that doesnt, delete Pendrive Linux and see if that helps, if it doesnt, its probally the way your mouse is configured or you screwed up one of your driver files

P.S. microsoft is awesome
 
Well after taking auto aims advice the mouse is the one having the problems with linux. Its a microsoft mouse not working under any other OS I smell conspiracy. I found my old mx518 so i use that if I want to run it at my home pc but I mainly use the OS to get around the colleges restrictions. Thanks for the tip
 

Latest posts

Back
Top