Nehalem

Will you get it ?

  • Yes !

    Points: 3 9.4%
  • No.

    Points: 8 25.0%
  • I don't know yet.

    Points: 5 15.6%
  • I'll wait until it's cheaper.

    Points: 16 50.0%

  • Total voters
    32

-Jv-

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
May 14, 2008
Messages
2,159
Will you get the new Intel Core i7 ?

I don't know yet. I'm waiting for some more benchmarks...
 
My motherboard won't support one and I only have a dual core processor 65nm conroe processor. So I'll probably grab a quad core wolfdale and more then likely skip this generation and wait for the next since that's what I usually do. Last time I did a major processor upgrade requiring a new motherboard I went from a 3.0GHz prescott to my current E6550 skipping the pentium D.
 
I can still play Fallout 3 and Far Cry 2 on high on my little old 8600GTS and AMD 5600+ x2. So heck no.
 
I'm going to buy the Core i7 in January probably. Hopefully a better version will come out.
 
There is really no point in upgrading yet for me. I have no money, and just recently built a new rig from scratch. For the i7, lots of money needs to be spent. I have not seen any impressive benchmarks that are worth getting a wallet-crushing DDR3 mobo and ram. Maybe in a couple of years or so, I will scrounge up enough money. I am ok for now. Exciting stuff though.
 
Yeah, untill something matches the price / performance of the Q6600 and is absoulutely necessary to have..

Then nah..


Most games are not even optimized for quad.
 
All depends on the bench marks
it will probly cost at least $1300 to get a good i7 core setup
and if all you get is a 5 to 10 fps gain above the curent c2d setup in games (which is all i care about)
then why waste the money IMO
 

Latest posts

Back
Top