MOTD makes hl2.exe crap out...

Dark Deity

Rookie
Joined
Jun 25, 2008
Messages
93
FOr some reason, since yesterday, trying to connect to an eGO server will give me an error message from hl2.exe, where it says "memory could not be written". this forced the entire game to crash.

(sorry i had a screenie of the error message yesterday, but lost it since)

anyway in shoutbox, Scott had said he had similar problems and just had to click the continue button faster than the MOTD could try to load. it worked, but whenever the server i'm on changes maps, it won't give me the chance to hit any button before the game crashes.

anyone know anything about this problem and can help me out?
 
The problem, is that the MOTD of our server uses java script, and flash, IE7 seems to have a problem with it, it crashes me too.
 
I've been getting the same kind of issue, except the error is

The exception Privileged instruction.
(0x0c0000096) occurred in the application at location 0x00010100.
 
Ive had the same problem in the past. I just cross my fingers and hope for the best. LOL
 
I think there was a tutorial on FPSBanana on fixing this... maybe you could check it out?
 
I got a reply from DrunkenSailor:

The MOTD was changed to the old style dlink page which I never have had a problem with, I actually had my game crash a couple of times with that other one too. Give a shout if its still crashing your game now.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top