Dang Cold Temps

MrQ

Thread Junky
Joined
Apr 29, 2008
Messages
876
Well, here in Houston we have had a bit of an arctic blast. Its down in the 50's here, which is, well, crazy for this area. I am totally loving it and my computer is too, thus this pic of my stock q6600 temps on all 4 cores (coretemp).

Cores:
0 1 2 3
coldtemps.jpg


I usually see it at about 40-46C. Hehe, this is OVERCLOCKING weather!!
 
My box sits in front of a window... this time of year, I usually put some socks ono and crack the window... the side intake vent on my 900 case sucks that cold air in... computer is very happy...

Getting down to 35 tonight here in DFW... :)
 
The other day it got so cold here that my core temp was -273.15C. I thought that it would run awesome, but it turns out that all molecular movement had stopped and the computer froze up.
Now I have all these physicists calling me and asking me how I did it....
 
27 here in Minnesota.

I thought it'd be warmer in California with all the fires going on there. Ha!
 
Nice sarcasm there buddy.

Anyway, I am running at 30C and its 50f outside right now. I normally hit 32 in the summer 34 under long gaming sessions. Liquid cooling ftmfw. What I really need to do is run out and spend like $150 on an AC and disassemble that... get some -40c going on.


-Edit-

Almost forgot, Opteron 165(1.8) 2.7 GHz @ 1.5v... for two years straight!
 
Last edited:
hahah, yeah north dakota... lucky to hit 20 degrees F right now... its soooo cold...
 

Latest posts

Back
Top