sugestions for new headphones with mic

Ice hearted killer

EGO Is My Life!
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
5,768
im looking to buy some decent headphone with a mic so i can tlk to u guy on server at the moment im usings some old headphone with a mic i dnt even think works so can anyone suggest some good models or pales to look?
 
Buy a set of GOOD headphones.... and then buy a mic. My set up is beyond awesome...

Sennheiser HDPro280 headphones and a logitech USB mic.

My headphones were $99 (came with a free 1GB Sansa Clip mp3 player) and the mic is $20. Absolutely an excellent set up that you cannot go wrong with. The headphones are incredibly comfortable for long gaming sessions... your ears dont get hot... and they don't hurt (I have a big head). They blocck out MOST of the noise from outside the headphones, so you can game at quieter volumes too!

Here is the mic http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836111601

Here are the headphones: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106328

Other cheaper headphone options:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106306
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106333
 
Last edited:
I use a Creative Fatal1ty headset. I have had no issues with it so far. Personally, I can not tell the difference between 5.1 and stereo in a headset, the speakers are too close together on any 5.1 model to tell the difference between side and front/back side. However, if you are looking for 5.1 the Zalman model is one of the better ones I've heard (although the mic is kinda lame on the Zalman model).

Not sure how much these links will help, since I see your in London...
Creative Fatal1ty
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826158051
Zalman
http://www.pricebat.ca/Zalman-ZM-RS...eal-Surround-Headset-W-Microphone.p_10060780/
 
Logitech Premium Notebook Headset

I've had these for over a year and have not had one problem with them nor has anyone ever complained about them when I'm talking.

http://www.ecost.com/detail.aspx?ed..._-Electronics&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=33383845

That's the cheapest I found them. You can buy them in a store but they cost a bit more. I HIGHLY recommend them.

That is what I had before my current set up... was a little uncomfortaable on my big head, but they worked great!
 
I use a Creative Fatal1ty headset. I have had no issues with it so far. Personally, I can not tell the difference between 5.1 and stereo in a headset, the speakers are too close together on any 5.1 model to tell the difference between side and front/back side. However, if you are looking for 5.1 the Zalman model is one of the better ones I've heard (although the mic is kinda lame on the Zalman model).

Not sure how much these links will help, since I see your in London...
Creative Fatal1ty
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826158051
Zalman
http://www.pricebat.ca/Zalman-ZM-RS...eal-Surround-Headset-W-Microphone.p_10060780/

I have the Fatal1ty headset too. I find it decent and have never had a problem with it. However, I got it for $25 from a friend and probably would not have spent $50 on it, but I'm overly frugal. Perhaps with some bargain hunting you could find something better in the $50 price range, but maybe not.
 
I have the Fatal1ty headset too. I find it decent and have never had a problem with it. However, I got it for $25 from a friend and probably would not have spent $50 on it, but I'm overly frugal. Perhaps with some bargain hunting you could find something better in the $50 price range, but maybe not.

I got mine from a local store for $35 :)
 
Cool thread guys. I just got hooked up on ventrilo and will be asking for one of these for a simple Christmas gift.
 
The only issue I have with them appears when I play for 5 hours at a time while wearing glasses, but glasses are an issue with all headphones. Other then that, they're great. Lots of cushion on the ears and headband. The ear cups are "ear shaped" as opposed to round. I am very pleased with them.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top