how to test dvd burner

bakerthree

Poster
Joined
Jun 23, 2008
Messages
187
I'm having a problem in which 2 out of 5 dvds I burn fail. I'm not burning movies so copyrights are not the problem. What I'm looking for is suggestions of programs or ways of testing my two dvd burners to see what the problem is.

I've tried both nero7 and ashampoo and they both fail so it leads me to believe is a hardware problem. I've updated the firmware to both my burners (pioneer 110D burners)

the next thing I'm going to do is clean the dust out of my computer and check all the wire connections.

any other suggestions will be appreciated and thanks

...........................................grinning and gaming bakerthree..................................
 
What burning speed are you using and is DVD-ROM or DVD-R or DVD-RW and how much are you burning to a the disc anything over 4.7gb unless you have double sided wich is 17gbs i think
 
I have used both the max speed of 16x and slower speeds to since the error message says something like "the burning process failed at 16x".

The information burned to disk is around 4.2 gigs. My burner handles both DVD-R and DVD+R. It hasn't been till lately that this is happening. I'm on the same 100 spool of DVD-R that worked fine before. My dvd burner handles dual layer dvds as well but the failure rate is much lower.

I have one disk here that failed with less than 2 min left to the burning process and the files I burned to it were all there. So it fails at different times in the burning process.

both nero7 and ashampoo will not start the burning process if the media will not fit on the disk.

here is a link to my dvd burner
http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/archive/DVR-110D/index.html

I have two of them in the computer and they are both effected by the problem.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top