New wireless router

pillar

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Feb 14, 2008
Messages
2,968
Hey guys, our wireless router quits on us bout 1-2 times a week, so my dad & I are ready to get a new one. The Netgear one that we currently have is like 2-3 years old, so we got some good use outta it. Can someone recommend a decent router (& before you say anything, we are not gonna go for the gaming router by D-Link) that will cost anywhere from $50-100? We really dont wanna spend 2 much $$ on a new wireless router.
 
i've bought a $50 (i think) lynksis - works like a charm. connected, recognized without even thinking. before that i bought a (i forgot which) but it didnt even see my wireless network (all the pc's and the internet too)
 
I have the same one drunknade has with a secure connection, a wireless computer, a PS2, my desktop, a Wii and I have no problems when it comes to connecting or finding it.
 
FWIW, I had a netgear router for a couple of years also. Throughout the time I had it, it would drop the connection pretty regularly just like yours is. I've switched to a Linksys and haven't had an issue with it in the year since. I'm using the WRT100 now.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top