VIRUS HELP (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
119
Ok so over the last couple of weeks ive had a few nasty virus' apparantly its not just alot, its one big nasty one, this came up yesterday in Kaspersky

WJQS.exe, it keeps trying to get access to the internet and I keep blocking it so for now its useless but I want rid of this thing ?_?

I cant find the file on my computer so i'm thinking its renaming itself, I seem to be getting alot of svchost processes, ALOT more than I usually get so i'm thinking its renaming itself to that, the internet also told me the virus does this.

what I want to know is, HOW DO I GET RID OF IT?

ive tried Malware Bytes, Spybot, Ad-Aware, my own virus protection system, turning system restore off, then scanning.

I need major help! please any computer wizzkid, please tell me how to get rid of it! xxx
 
Um, you say you have Kaspersky but it's not getting rid of it? Weird. I've never used Kaspersky... I'm assuming that's the program that is telling you that you've had the virus? But it doesn't give you the option of removing it? Sheesh. Maybe you should try AVG... ??? Or maybe an online scan.
 
I'll chat with ya via Steam, Fairy.

But I'm surprised both Ad-Aware, SpyBot, and the others detect it..but you're still having problems. Either the programs aren't removing it successfully or you're continually reinfecting yourself. Or both.

I'll chat more with you via Steam.
 
Fairy, if you're infected that badly you may end up needing to just format and reinstall. Sometimes an infection just gets too deep and it's the only way to know for sure that you're clean.

That being said, have you done all of your scanning in safe-mode? The infection may be in system files, which are being used and can't be cleaned when you're in normal windows. I would suggest making sure all of your scanners are updated, then rebooting into safe-mode and scanning/cleaning from there.
 
Fairy, you might want to listen, as I had some experience with nasty viruses. DO NOT reformat - not yet. This WILL work, I guarantee it! First download the free (and best in EVER) DrWeb CureIt http://www.freedrweb.com/ do a complete scan after the startup scan. DrWeb cures virus which is very good and no necessarily deletes files. Then download and run HiJackThis - save a log. Visit http://www.bullguard.com/forum/9/Before-posting-a-log_43562.html and read and do all it says - then goto their virus removal help forum and paste a new thread with your logs. Do NOT attack logs, but copy/paste! Touch (moderator) WILL solve your problems if DrWeb doesnt. First do all this and only then consider reformatting. Reformatting is an ugly UGLY process (and you gotta remember what to back up somewhere first - docs, vids, music, pics, favs, save games, etc. - and make sure it's not infected or all will be for nothing!)
 
Talked with Fairy yesterday. I think Fairy's good to go. Found the thing that was causing the web pop-up and the report of a virus was dated back from November.
 
hey that's great - still i am a firm believer in DrWeb since it cured a very nasty new virus once for me... without having to reformat! also bullguard.com forums were very helpful.
 
My suggestion to get a computer clean very closely resembles what the geek-squad does.

Burn a Linux Live CD (Bootable Disk)

Let it boot and run a antivirus on my home drive. This method defeats virus that try to hide themselves with rootkits or a in memory resident virus.

The best of all once you take the CD out and reboot your back to Windows.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity_Rescue_Kit

The the above Live-CD there are 4 anti-virus options you can choose from

* ClamAV
* F-Prot
* AVG Anti-Virus
* BitDefender
Also if you lose your password for Windows you can reset it from this disk as well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top