- Joined
- May 21, 2008
- Messages
- 955
Some things to consider:
1. Will be hooked up to a 47" 1080p LCD
2. Will not be used for a DVR (yet).
3. Will be used as a media library (my DVD collection) and as our Blu-Ray player
4. Speakers are a set of Logitech Z-5500 already set up in the living room.
5. There will not be gaming on this computer... at least until I can upgrade my main game rig's video card from the 3870 in it now (3870 will go in the HTPC)
6. I was aiming to keep the $$$ under $600 (this one is $633 minus a $40MIR... and then I have $75 in gift cert for Newegg)
Mobo: Biostar TForce TA790GX3 790GX
CPU: AMD Athlon X2 4850
RAM: 4GB Corsair DDR2 800
HDD: WD 1TB Black (32mb cache)
Blu-Ray: LG Blu-Ray/HD DVD drive
Case: Silverstone LC-17 (black)
Case cooling: Scythe Kama Flex 80mm fans
CPU cooling: Scythe SCMJ-1000 "Ninja Mini"
OS: Win Vista Home Premium 64bit
Have I overlooked anything? I have done tons of reading on this... I don't need an overkill box for this... I am still running the E660 on my gaming rig, so I don't want anything more powerful than that.
1. Will be hooked up to a 47" 1080p LCD
2. Will not be used for a DVR (yet).
3. Will be used as a media library (my DVD collection) and as our Blu-Ray player
4. Speakers are a set of Logitech Z-5500 already set up in the living room.
5. There will not be gaming on this computer... at least until I can upgrade my main game rig's video card from the 3870 in it now (3870 will go in the HTPC)
6. I was aiming to keep the $$$ under $600 (this one is $633 minus a $40MIR... and then I have $75 in gift cert for Newegg)
Mobo: Biostar TForce TA790GX3 790GX
CPU: AMD Athlon X2 4850
RAM: 4GB Corsair DDR2 800
HDD: WD 1TB Black (32mb cache)
Blu-Ray: LG Blu-Ray/HD DVD drive
Case: Silverstone LC-17 (black)
Case cooling: Scythe Kama Flex 80mm fans
CPU cooling: Scythe SCMJ-1000 "Ninja Mini"
OS: Win Vista Home Premium 64bit
Have I overlooked anything? I have done tons of reading on this... I don't need an overkill box for this... I am still running the E660 on my gaming rig, so I don't want anything more powerful than that.










Will end up spending less than $500 for everything since I had $75 in gift certs for Newegg... sooo.... this thread can die... LoL>>.
