my next project

Ice hearted killer

EGO Is My Life!
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
5,768
my next project (hopefully)is to try and build a home server, i was wondering weather it is poasable to run a tf2/cs:s/ ins server on linux as i don't want to pay for windows serve at around ?300. if its not i may opt for windows home server at around ?90
 
hmmm, im sure there is a way to get a server running on linux, but im not exactly sure how well it would run. I know they would run on windows, and i know you dont want to pay for it, but IMO i would just stick with windows. I like taking the safe route though, im not much of a gambler
 
Yes, Linux runs TF2/C:SS/DoD:S servers very well. I'm running a 10 slot server on my crap old PC, and it still runs greatly.

I would definitely choose Linux over Windows any day. (For a server and just for a desktop PC.)
 
Yes, Linux runs TF2/C:SS/DoD:S servers very well. I'm running a 10 slot server on my crap old PC, and it still runs greatly.

10 slot for internet or LAN? and if internet, what's your upload bandwidth?
 

Latest posts

Back
Top